What do Bama/Vandy/Kentucky have in common

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
They are the three SEC schools that pay their basketball coach more than their football coach (per the Sports Animal yesterday).

Bama can't pay Shula that much or they would run out of money to pay the players!!

Originally posted by volmanjr@Jun 28, 2005 2:42 PM
Bama can't pay Shula  that much or they would run out of money to pay the players!!
[snapback]108477[/snapback]​

:lolup:

"I thought you were gonna say they all SUCKED lol...But that's interesting. "

That's the second thing they have in common!

I was gonna guess "They're the 3 automatic wins on or schedule each year", but still interesting to see the "football flagship of the SEC" pay their basketball coach more than they do their football coach.

Vanderbilt and Kentucky I can understand, Vandy jsut sucks at football and their bball team is at least decent, and no matter how good UK's football team is or isn't, nothing will make their fans more passionate about football than they are about basketball.

Thats hard to believe, not that i dont.

Maybe there is some incentive type things as most coaches have, that would raise Shula's pay accordingly? He just has not got it done.

I'm sure the enorsement deals put Shula way over what the b-ball coach makes. I think there's a law that says that every SEC coach must hawk Lays potato chips and Osmose Pressure Treated Lumber on their TV and radio shows.

Just another reason the SEC is a "football" conference. I've seen 7 of the first 22 players drafted tonight from the ACC...still none from the SEC. :whistle:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jun 28, 2005 9:56 PM
And don't forget  "natural gas". Or is that just John Ward?

:laugh1:
[snapback]108577[/snapback]​

I think that one is just in Tennessee. Or at least I've never heard it in Georgia.

John Ward and some lady with an accent are FOREVER promoting natural gas on the Vol Network.

:shakehead:

Tell you something else they have in common...they do not really figure into the football scheme of things at the end of the season...or even the beginning, for that matter.

VN Store

Back