What Do These Guys Have In Common?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
What do Rico McCoy, Slick Shelley, Demetrice Morley, Raymond Henderson, Adam Myers-White, Josh McNeil, Chris Scott and Jonathan Crompton all have in common?

Yep. I still can't believe it. And to think we were in on Turner, Phillips, Oher, and probably a couple of others I can't think of right now.

Isn't is great to be a Vol???

Sure is....I have a feeling that we will get some good ones after this season too. Especially if the Vols live up to their expectations....

Here comes the voice of DOOM B)

But I hope everyone has realistic expectations this year. We have a schedule that easily matches murderers row. We have little depth on the OL and are coming off a season where our DBs stunk. Injuries to key players, back to back road games at LSU and UF, we are facing 6, count 'em, 6 new defensive coordinators and who knows what the hell Oscary Meyer will throw at us. So, I'm keeping my eye on 2006 and will gladly accept a 9-3 this year. At that, our recruits last year are awesome. (Sorry for straying from the topic).

BHAM, I agree that this is going to be a tough year with our schedule. I am not too concerned about our talent level or even our depth. My biggest concern is that we just don't play as well in season that there are high expectations. I think 2-3 losses is a very real possiblity.

I agree too and know better than to get too excited. 1998 proved that there is a lot of luck involved also. Even with all the offensive power that we will have next year, I hope that the UF and LSU games turn into defensive football game. Good defensive games agree with Fulmer ball and we know that we have the talent to get that one score that we might need.

Our defense needs to keep the crowds out of those games.....IMO anyway.

Speaking of Arkansas, did anybody hear Coach Brooks on SportsTalk talking about Billy Ratliffe?

thanks hv. I did leave him out. I went back and edited it. Another guy that we were in on until the last minute was Granger (who I would have LOVED to have had).

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 29, 2005 11:48 PM
Speaking of Arkansas, did anybody hear Coach Brooks on SportsTalk talking about Billy Ratliffe?
[snapback]99346[/snapback]​

What did he say?

I didn't hear it but I was told he was talking about how if Ratliff would have stayed healthy people would be talking about him the way they talk about Warren Sapp. I think they were talking about the Stoerner fumble that he caused. Apparently Tee Martin was hanging his head a little and Ratliffe told him to get his helmet and get ready because the defense wasn't going to be out there long and they were going to get the ball back for the offense.

I was curious if anyone had heard and could cofirm or had anything to add.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 30, 2005 4:00 PM
I didn't hear it but I was told he was talking about how if Ratliff would have stayed healthy people would be talking about him the way they talk about Warren Sapp. I think they were talking about the Stoerner fumble that he caused. Apparently Tee Martin was hanging his head a little and Ratliffe told him to get his helmet and get ready because the defense wasn't going to be out there long and they were going to get the ball back for the offense.

I was curious if anyone had heard and could cofirm or had anything to add.
[snapback]99444[/snapback]​

Actually, that is a true story. I bought that LEGENDS DVD and Tee said the exact same thing. After throwing an incomplete 4th down, Tee said he thought about going over to the bench and take his pads off. Ratliff told him to get ready because we are gonna get that ball back.

Darwin Walker added he and Ratliff completely decimated the line on that particular play.

Originally posted by volbrian@May 30, 2005 7:14 PM
Actually, that is a true story.  I bought that LEGENDS DVD and Tee said the exact same thing.  After throwing an incomplete 4th down, Tee said he thought about going over to the bench and take his pads off.  Ratliff told him to get ready because we are gonna get that ball back. 

Darwin Walker added he and Ratliff completely decimated the line on that particular play.
[snapback]99467[/snapback]​

That's a classic story. Where did you get the legends DVD? I remember it being pretty expensive.

Its $80 off the net. $100 if you do like I did, buy it at Hounddogs.

But, to me, it was well worth the money. Guys from Hank Laucarella and Gus Manning to Jason Witten and Wil Overstreet are on it. All they do is discuss UT football.

I remember reading an interview with Billy Ratliffe where he said that the whole team was in shock knowing that they were going to lose for the first time. He said a feeling of determination came over him that they were NOT going to lose that game. He told another player (Walker, I believe) "Man, we gotta do something to get that ball back."

The rest is history.

now you guys know that Stoener gave us that gave and our D had nothing to do with it!

Originally posted by volmanjr@May 31, 2005 10:16 AM
now you guys know that Stoener gave us that gave and our D had nothing to do with it!
[snapback]99644[/snapback]​

:yikes:

Originally posted by volmanjr@May 31, 2005 9:16 AM

Our d-line blew their OL up and they stepped on his foot. Yes he dropped it but it was not an accident. People also forget UT had to drive 60+ yards to get the TD. Travis beat up the Ark line on that drive.

Originally posted by volmanjr@May 31, 2005 10:16 AM

;) :laugh1:

"Our d-line blew their OL up and they stepped on his foot. Yes he dropped it but it was not an accident. People also forget UT had to drive 60+ yards to get the TD. Travis beat up the Ark line on that drive. "

I was being sarcastic buddy, just repeating some of the chowder head excuses that have been put out there. kinda like our win last yr against Fl. was given to us by the officials.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 29, 2005 10:28 PM
What do Rico McCoy, Slick Shelley, Demetrice Morley, Raymond Henderson, Adam Myers-White, Josh McNeil, Chris Scott and Jonathan Crompton all have in common?
[snapback]99274[/snapback]​

Uhmmmmm........ they all slept with Tara Reid?

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@May 31, 2005 11:28 PM
Uhmmmmm........ they all slept with Tara Reid?
[snapback]99879[/snapback]​

2.jpg

:toast: :run: :toast: :run: :toast: :run: :toast: :run: :toast: :run: :toast: :run: :toast: :run: :toast:

Hmmm... funny seeing a picture of her with both boobs actually INSIDE her shirt.

VN Store

Back