What Do You Most Enjoy About Being A Vol Fan?

VOLracerx

Demon Dog
I guess since we got asked why we are Vol fans, I thought we could follow that up with what we enjoy most about it.

For me it is when someone looks up and says "I hate UT"; my simple response is that they are just upset that at some point or another a UT team has owned them.

What's your excuse??? :question:

i really enjoy watching the vols running backs trample over the other team, hopefully this will happen a lot next year, i also enjoy beating florida, and long pass plays to MEACH!

I love it because its something that you can talk about with at least 95% of the people around, its a serious subject . Plus when it comes to going to a football game there is nowhere else I would rather be.

I remember walking to class on Thursdays and seeing the RV's all trying to find parking spaces.

How the Vol Navy will stay on the river during the week between home games.

Watching baseball games from the roof of the frat house.

Having the starting QB (Peyton) bring us pizza while camping out in line for Florida tickets. (only @ UT)

Having to get up at 6am to start drinking for a 12:30 kickoff and not being the first fan doing it!

How even the minister opens his sermon with how the Vols did yesterday.

How you never sat down while sitting in the student section and trying to smuggle your Beam in.

How there are Vols everywhere I go! There are 100's of us even out here in Phx.

And I love how when I wear orange, everyone knows who my favorite team is without asking.

Not a Vol fan...but gotta give it up to Calhouns and the hott Vol chicks I saw my last visit out to Kville! :devilsmoke:

The best thing about being a Vol? The answer is simple...

GATOR TAIL...The other white meat. :dlol:

Originally posted by utvolpj@May 20, 2005 4:45 PM
I remember walking to class on Thursdays and seeing the RV's all trying to find parking spaces. 

How the Vol Navy will stay on the river during the week between home games. 

Watching baseball games from the roof of the frat house.

Having the starting QB (Peyton) bring us pizza while camping out in line for Florida tickets. (only @ UT)

Having to get up at 6am to start drinking for a 12:30 kickoff and not being the first fan doing it!

How even the minister opens his sermon with how the Vols did yesterday.

How you never sat down while sitting in the student section and trying to smuggle your Beam in.

How there are Vols everywhere I go!  There are 100's of us even out here in Phx.

And I love how when I wear orange, everyone knows who my favorite team is without asking.
[snapback]96822[/snapback]​

Ah yes, bring back good memories... Only one problem here. Beam??? Its all about the JACK. Tennessee whiskey baby!

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@May 20, 2005 10:35 PM
Ah yes, bring back good memories...  Only one problem here.  Beam???  Its all about the JACK.  Tennessee whiskey baby!
[snapback]96896[/snapback]​

Except for 2 things:

1) at the time $$ was scarce and Beam was cheaper
2) Beam traveler was in a plastic bottle so easier to sneak in and didn't break if I fell!
But yes, I do like Jack too.

"Ah yes, bring back good memories... Only one problem here. Beam??? Its all about the JACK. Tennessee whiskey baby!"

Well for us poor UT students, it was definitely GEORGE DICKEL, the poor man's Tennessee whisky! It had to be bought at the House of Freezing Steel on the Strip.

Anybody who loves college football is always more than eager to strike up a conversation with you about the "Tennessee Volunteers".

A lot of it is jealously, a lot of it is recognition that we have one of the best programs in the country, a lot of it is about rivalries, and a lot of it is about the fact that when it's time for football, Sports Illustrated says it best: "You gotta go to Knoxville"!!!!!!!

Best of all, IT IS MY ALMA MATER!!!!!!!

:rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

The memories.

Memories of being a little boy in Middle Tennessee, working in the fall with my dad cutting firewood for the winter while listening to the exploits of guys named Swamp Rat and Hacksaw as The Voice Of The Vols, John Ward with his faithful sidekick, Bill Anderson doing the play-by-play and the color commentary, swept through those fall and early winter days.

There's nothing like a fall Saturday in Neyland, sitting up in the East stands before the North endzone expansion, watching the Pride of the Southland come marching down the steet and into the stadium while playing Down The Field, and Fight, Vols Fight!

The sounds of hits echoing through the stands.

The blood-stained faces and dirty uniforms of the 4th quarter.

Smokey, parading around the stadium during the Vandy game with a sign, that on one side says, "Vandy has a Peabody," and the other saying, "To go with their Peabrains."

Goal line stands!

The Walking horse. Bring them back!

The great All-Americans!

Just being a part of the # 8 all-time most winning program in all of Division 1 college football.

What's not to like?

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@May 20, 2005 4:52 PM
Not a Vol fan...but gotta give it up to Calhouns and the hott Vol chicks I saw my last visit out to Kville! :devilsmoke:
[snapback]96823[/snapback]​

You dirty dog!! :p

I love the legacy of General Neyland, particularly the 1938 VOLS who were undefeated, untied and unscored upon.

But most of all I love the crisp fall Saturdays with the leavings turning red and ORANGE, getting down to campus early in the day, grilling, hanging out with friends, throwing the football, talking about the game that day and just enjoying life. I live in Austin, TX, and the time or two a year I come back home for a game are the best days of the year... Something I live for to be honest.

Originally posted by OldVol@May 21, 2005 11:14 AM
The memories.

Memories of being a little boy in Middle Tennessee, working in the fall with my dad cutting firewood for the winter while listening to the exploits of guys named Swamp Rat and Hacksaw as The Voice Of The Vols, John Ward with his faithful sidekick, Bill Anderson doing the play-by-play and the color commentary, swept through those fall and early winter days.

There's nothing like a fall Saturday in Neyland, sitting up in the East stands before the North endzone expansion, watching the Pride of the Southland come marching down the steet and into the stadium while playing Down The Field, and Fight, Vols Fight!

The sounds of hits echoing through the stands.

The blood-stained faces and dirty uniforms of the 4th quarter.

Smokey, parading around the stadium during the Vandy game with a sign, that on one side says, "Vandy has a Peabody," and the other saying, "To go with their Peabrains."

Goal line stands!

The Walking horse. Bring them back!

The great All-Americans!

Just being a part of the # 8 all-time most winning program in all of Division 1 college football.

What's not to like?
[snapback]96996[/snapback]​

Dang, OldVol are you my brother?

VN Store

Back