What stuck out about Oline

jason3713

When our guys blocked the defender all the way into the bench and got the penalty called on them. NC states entire team jumped around them. Our guys looked like high schoolers pushing their way through a group of middle schoolers.
The size difference in our Oline now vs a few years ago is amazing.

Loved our OL, BUT BUT BUT, it was more leaky than I thought it would be. Not to worry, I hope, Josh Inc. will get that fixed.
This will stop I think if we stop rotating OL in and out series to series or they adjust to it rather. We are doing it intentionally and are having some breakdowns as a result.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Loved our OL, BUT BUT BUT, it was more leaky than I thought it would be. Not to worry, I hope, Josh Inc. will get that fixed.

NC State defense (particularly their pass rushers) will likely be better than 7 of remaining 10 teams we face. Maybe 8 of the remaining 10 teams. Solid unit overall. They held us mostly in check during this first half, allowing only 13 points. But their offense didn't do them any favors and kept them on the field and in bad field position for most of the game.

Reactions: KTrain
This will stop I think if we stop rotating OL in and out series to series or they adjust to it rather. We are doing it intentionally and are having some breakdowns as a result.
I was actually glad to see it. This is the first time in three years that we've been able to rotate O and D linemen when we want to instead of when we have to.

I was actually glad to see it. This is the first time in three years that we've been able to rotate O and D linemen when we want to instead of when we have to.
It's gonna take time guys playing together to not have a few issues. I agree with your point though. I am not necessarily saying we should stop but I have no idea what CJH intends to do in conference thus why I said what I said earlier. Go Vols

NC State defense (particularly their pass rushers) will likely be better than 7 of remaining 10 teams we face. Maybe 8 of the remaining 10 teams. Solid unit overall. They held us mostly in check during this first half, allowing only 13 points. But their offense didn't do them any favors and kept them on the field and in bad field position for most of the game.
Yep, this game (NC State) reminded me of some of the Vol teams of past that could play a reasonably good first half with Top teams.. You're thinking well we are playing with them just one or 2 plays have been the difference so far. Then near the end as you're walking out you glance at the scoreboard and notice a 30+ thrashing.
Me walking out the stadium when #7 Oregon came here 48-13 and we played tough 1st half, delayed for rain thinking that might help us depth wise but was not to be.
We have finally got the Jimmy & Joes and still not completely out of Pruitt sanctions still a little residue.

Reactions: Carp
Spraggins! NC state tried to intimidate our skill players at every tackle. Spraggins especially wasn't having it. Pushed the pile, picked players off the pile and played nasty
East St. Louis Boys Don't Play

East St. Louis Boys Don't Play
And John Campbell has that south Florida 305 Dade County vibes to him.

Best body language and chemistry on both lines since Fulmer years and it's not even close. We're finally bigger, meaner, faster, and nastier than the other line across the board.

Also- Cade plus Nico equals 2 QBs on the field. This point holds even more weight in this offense.

I know we can run and gun but I found myself oddly at peace both Saturdays so far knowing we have dominant lines.

The rest will show up and show off with elite line play.

VN Store

Back