What we learned in the SEC: Week 3

YankeeVol

Raised a Yank, Born a Vol
Vols aren't back yet: Tennessee (2-1) couldn't keep its game with No. 2 Oregon interesting for long, as the promise the Volunteers showed in wins against Austin Peay and Western Kentucky didn't translate into remaining competitive with one of the nation's better teams. The Ducks scored 59 straight points and ran up 687 yards -- 456 passing by quarterback Marcus Mariota -- in blowing new coach Butch Jones' club off the field. In the next five games, the Vols will face four ranked teams: No. 18 Florida, No. 9 Georgia, No. 13 South Carolina and No. 1 Alabama. So the road could get rocky quickly for the Vols.

What we learned in the SEC in Week 3 - ESPN

Honestly other than Bama no team compares to the team we just played. The games actually get much easier... Especially on how you defend them. Oregon beats all those teams minus Bama by at least 14

Exactly. You have to play the best and take your results and improve to be the best.

Reactions: 1 person
That goes without saying IMO. I haven't seen any negativity towards CBJ really, YET

You obviously haven't read thru many of these pathetic threads then!!!! But I agree with the OP it's not Butch's fault! He's doin great with recruiting and building this program! We are disciplined and goin for 60 mins! Although it didn't seam like it out boys played the whole game! We have a major talent gap and lack of depth! How can anybody expect us to compete and upset the power houses of the country lacking in both areas!?!?!? If you can answer that your smarter than me! But like I said in another thread I'm a loyal volunteer win or loose!! I rather be a loosin volunteer than a band wagon _(insert team here)_ fan!!!! GBO

You obviously haven't read thru many of these pathetic threads then!!!! But I agree with the OP it's not Butch's fault! He's doin great with recruiting and building this program! We are disciplined and goin for 60 mins! Although it didn't seam like it out boys played the whole game! We have a major talent gap and lack of depth! How can anybody expect us to compete and upset the power houses of the country lacking in both areas!?!?!? If you can answer that your smarter than me! But like I said in another thread I'm a loyal volunteer win or loose!! I rather be a loosin volunteer than a band wagon _(insert team here)_ fan!!!! GBO

Butch needs more time and that was obvious coming into the season, but alot of the negative opinion is warranted. The main one that we all say is true. The offensive play calling is pathetic and the scheme doesn't fit our players. I get CBJ is a shot gun read option kinda guy, but we aren't built for it and to spend a whole season doing it is ridiculous. We've ran like 5 plays over and over and the qb has not ran once. He's not able, so why install this offense? I know build for the future, but I just don't agree with how the offense is bein ran, jmo. I'm not the coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch needs more time and that was obvious coming into the season, but alot of the negative opinion is warranted. The main one that we all say is true. The offensive play calling is pathetic and the scheme doesn't fit our players. I get CBJ is a shot gun read option kinda guy, but we aren't built for it and to spend a whole season doing it is ridiculous. We've ran like 5 plays over and over and the qb has not ran once. He's not able, so why install this offense? I know build for the future, but I just don't agree with how the offense is bein ran, jmo. I'm not the coach.

I disagree I don't think the negativity is warranted at this point! The play calling is what it is! This in my opinion is CBJ installing his type of play! But you are right in sayin that our talent level just isn't where it needs to be with this system! But he is teaching the young kids his system that they will be running for the duration of there stay on the hill! So IMO them having growing pains should be expected but...... It will pay off in the long run with our team! It's like he's been sayin from the day he was hired " we gotta lay the foundation" and that is bein done before our very eyes!!!! We will be ok CBJ will get the job done!!

VN Store

Back