What will happen first?

vols5790

Will Tennessee's men basketball team get past the sweet 16 first or will Kiffin lead UT to an SEC Title first?

I believe that neither is gonna happen anytime soon, but I will go with the men making the elite 8 first.

I say SEC title

Elite 8 is pretty much like a BCS Bowl in CF, so perhaps the question should be will we make a BCS game or an Elite 8 first?

I say SEC title

Elite 8 is pretty much like a BCS Bowl in CF, so perhaps the question should be will we make a BCS game or an Elite 8 first?

:eek:lol: No it's not. Making the Elite 8 means that you won three games in a row, only the last of which is likely to be a really good opponent. Making a BCS Bowl game in the SEC is far more difficult than making the Elite 8.

:eek:lol: No it's not. Making the Elite 8 means that you won three games in a row, only the last of which is likely to be a really good opponent. Making a BCS Bowl game in the SEC is far more difficult than making the Elite 8.

:eek:lol: I think you are forgetting the 20 or so games you have to win to even get a bid to the tournament

I'll have to go with an SEC football title. I don't think it is going to happen overnight, it might take 3 or 4 years, but I don't see our current group on the basketball team getting to the Elite 8, hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

elite 8 next year..... calling it. No one is giving our guys a chance. We're returning everyone. Used to that was a good thing. Pearl is a good coach. Just wait.

This is a doozy... I'd say if we dont get to an elite 8 after this next season, we'll get to an sec champ game first.

What happens first; bcs national champs or we have a heisman trophy winner?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This is a doozy... I'd say if we dont get to an elite 8 after this next season, we'll get to an sec champ game first.

That we will never have as long as ESPN chooses the winner.

I'm gonna say that the basketball team will make the Elite 8 before the football team or it could happen in the same year....If we can sneak out of the Florida Georgia games only losing one of those two I think we could be in Atlanta with decent QB play, not great but decent because from the sounds of it not like I didn't already think it would be but the defense is gonna be a bear and actually win some games for us not just keep us in the game only to give it up with the "Mustang" at the end

see bolded words above.

Sweet 16 is like the outback bowl of college basketball. Yeah you're one of the top 15-20 teams, but damn you're disappointed when you only get that far when you think you're better.

To be honest, i would prefer an sec title. B-ball is fun, but it is something to do during the down time. To answer the op's question, i say an sec title.

see bolded words above.

Sweet 16 is like the outback bowl of college basketball. Yeah you're one of the top 15-20 teams, but damn you're disappointed when you only get that far when you think you're better.

Great sig.

VN Store

Back