What's your ideal SEC look like?

Webbvol32

Back in Blackhouse
If you were the commissioner of the SEC,what two scools would you add? Also,how would :rock:your ideal SEC look like if you could create it from scratch? I would add North Carolina or NC ST and Va Tech or Virginia. We would then have every Confederate state represented. I would move Mizzou to the West to make room for the newbies. In my ideal scenario,I'd remove Vandy,Mizzou,and Kentucky to be replaced by Clemson,Texas,Miami,FSU,Duke,Ga. Tech,or Wake Forest. Ideally every Southern state would be represented by 1 school with the largest ie Fla,Tex,Ga,Miss,and Bama having 2 schools. My new SEC would look like this: East Div- Fla. Fla St. Ga. Tech. So Car. No Car. Va Tech. Uga. UT. West Div. Ala.. Ark. Aub. A&M. LSU. Miss. Miss St. Tex........We could switch to a nine game schedule allowing a permanent rival then play a rotating opponent from the other division. What's yall's ideal SEC format look like? GO VOLS!

florida
georgia
south carolina
north carolina
virginia
tennessee
auburn
kentucky
texas
texas a&m
arkansas
lsu
missouri
mississippi state
mississippi
alabama

Reactions: 3 people
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Reactions: 18 people
North Division: Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Georgia
East Division: Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida
South Division: Alabama, Auburn, Miss St, Ole Miss
West Division: LSU, A&M, Mizzou, Arkansas

If the option to kick someone out actually existed, then replace Mississippi State with Oklahoma and shift LSU to the South Division.

My ideal would be the SEC pre-1992.

UT
Vandy
Kentucky
Georgia
Florida
Bama
Auburn
LSU
Miss
MissSt

With a round robin 9-game schedule.

Since that'll never happen, punt Missouri to the Big10. Seriously, nobody except Arky fans will make that road trip.

North
UT
VaTech or UNC (I don't particularly care which)
KY
Vandy*

East
UF
UGA
USC
Clemson

South
Bama
Aub
Miss
MissSt (quite honestly I'd like to boot State for FSU here)

West
LSU
Arky
ATM
OU

* - I'd be cool with Vandy being in a different pod if we played them OOC every year instead of a team like Memphis, UT-Martin, WKU, etc.

9 game conference schedule. You play the 3 teams in your pod plus 2 teams from the other 3 pods. This setup preserves in-state rivalries, TSiO, WLOCP, Egg Bowl, UGA/AUB. (Obviously UT would play Bama annually and rotate AUB, Miss, & MissSt. Similar setup for AUB/UGA)

Last edited:
North
UT
VaTech or UNC (I don't really particularly care which)
KY
Vandy*

East
UF
UGA
USC
Clemson

South
Bama
Aub
Miss

West
LSU
Arky
ATM
OU

if divisions ever looked like that, they should just replace "north" with a handicapped symbol

Reactions: 1 person
florida
georgia
south carolina
north carolina
virginia
tennessee
auburn
kentucky
texas
texas a&m
arkansas
lsu
missouri
mississippi state
mississippi
alabama

I will start following the big east if Texas joins the SEC.

i don't like texas either. so, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

i was thinking athletically and financially

By the way, Clemson will never be added to the SEC because they bring nothing to the table financially through viewership. The SEC is already embedded in South Carolina through the gamecocks. Same for Georgia Tech.

Reactions: 1 person
By the way, Clemson will never be added to the SEC because they bring nothing to the table financially through viewership. The SEC is already embedded in South Carolina through the gamecocks. Same for Georgia Tech.

i think the premise was based on a "if you were king for a day" type of situation

North
UT
VaTech or UNC (I don't particularly care which)
KY
Vandy*

East
UF
UGA
USC
Clemson

South
Bama
Aub
Miss

West
LSU
Arky
ATM
OU

* - I'd be cool with Vandy being in a different pod if we played them OOC every year instead of a team like Memphis, UT-Martin, WKU, etc.

9 game conference schedule. You play the 3 teams in your pod plus 2 teams from the other 3 pods. This setup preserves in-state rivalries, TSiO, WLOCP, Egg Bowl, UGA/AUB. (Obviously UT would play Bama annually and rotate AUB, Miss, & MissSt. Similar setup for AUB/UGA)

Those divisions aren't balanced enough.

You should add the Patriots to the East and the Cowboys to the West. :blink:

If you were the commissioner of the SEC,what two scools would you add? Also,how would :rock:your ideal SEC look like if you could create it from scratch? I would add North Carolina or NC ST and Va Tech or Virginia. We would then have every Confederate state represented. I would move Mizzou to the West to make room for the newbies. In my ideal scenario,I'd remove Vandy,Mizzou,and Kentucky to be replaced by Clemson,Texas,Miami,FSU,Duke,Ga. Tech,or Wake Forest. Ideally every Southern state would be represented by 1 school with the largest ie Fla,Tex,Ga,Miss,and Bama having 2 schools. My new SEC would look like this: East Div- Fla. Fla St. Ga. Tech. So Car. No Car. Va Tech. Uga. UT. West Div. Ala.. Ark. Aub. A&M. LSU. Miss. Miss St. Tex........We could switch to a nine game schedule allowing a permanent rival then play a rotating opponent from the other division. What's yall's ideal SEC format look like? GO VOLS!
Bring in Virginia Tech and NC State. Put them in the East and send Mizzou to the west.

Remove Kentucky, aTm, Missouri and Arkansas. Kentucky can join what's left of the Big East, the rest can rejoin the Big XII. People talk about the Texas market. The Texas market will only help aTm and maybe Arkansas or LSU. The rest of the schools are generally too far away for the recruits to make a huge impact (at least a noticeable impact that is different than what it has been in recent history).

Add UNC, NCSU and Duke to get the whole NC market and a big part of Virginia and either Florida State or Miami.

Some would say that UNC, NCSU and Duke wouldn't add anything to the SEC. I say that is wrong. Those schools are great basketball schools in a relatively populated and football talent rich state. All those three need is a reason to reinvest in football and they would rise to the occasion. It could then be said that the SEC is by far the best football AND basketball conference, hands down.

That is a cash cow.

Divisions would be:

EAST
  • UNC
  • NCSU
  • Duke
  • South Carolina
  • Georgia
  • Florida
  • Florida State OR Miami

WEST
  • Tennessee
  • Vanderbilt
  • Auburn
  • Alabama
  • LSU
  • Ole Miss
  • Mississippi State

If you really wanted to get crazy, you could add Florida State AND Miami, then keep Arkansas so the divisions balance.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back