What's your opinion......?

BigOrangeBob

Theoretically speaking, if UT shocks the football world on Saturday(I know, we are going to get smoked, no since in showing up, Oregon could win the NFC south, we have no talent, yada....yada....yada), but for the sake of argument, say we win the ball game, what would our initial top 25 ranking be?, and what would YOUR updated prediction be for the rest of the season?

I think ranked 15th, with a 10-2 regular season.

(I have my flame retardant suit ready):)

:zeitung_lesen:

We'd be ranked 20th and have an 8-4 regular season record.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'll say it again. The BCS rankings are totally dependant on how many times espn talks about your team. Since they refuse to mention us for any reason, we will not get ranked in the top 25 unless we run the table.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll say it again. The BCS rankings are totally dependant on how many times espn talks about your team. Since they refuse to mention us for any reason, we will not get ranked in the top 25 unless we run the table.
:)
Others receiving votes.....Tennessee (13-0) record, SEC champions.:whistling:

Reactions: 4 people
A win vs Ore-wagon means top 15. A follow-up vs Floriduh means top 10. From there, the sky is the limit but so is the toilet.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel this thread goes in the catergory of will we storm the field vs Florida last year thread.

IF we win, I'd say we finish 9-3. I know I'm so stoked to watch this game regardless of the outcome and also anxious too see how we stack up against a real good team.

Considering pollsters wouldn't allow us to jump other big names yet. Id say we would be about 10th. And my preseason guess was 6-6. I would still say 6-6. I feel if we stole a monster against Oregon we would probably give one back somewhere and lose to a team we shouldn't like Missouri or Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
Considering pollsters wouldn't allow us to jump other big names yet. Id say we would be about 10th. And my preseason guess was 6-6. I would still say 6-6. I feel if we stole a monster against Oregon we would probably give one back somewhere and lose to a team we shouldn't like Missouri or Vanderbilt.

:no:

I'd say ranked around 15th and end the season 9-3. I predicted 8-4 before the season with an upset of GA or SC. Still say we upset GA or SC no matter what happens Saturday.

Oh and if we beat Oregon I can see us jumping all the way to 10-15th ranked team.

VN Store

Back