When Is Hamilton To Make An Announcement?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Is he supposed to make a public announcement on the basketball program this week or next? I thought I heard it was going to be this week.

Friday at the earliest. UT's departure from the SEC tournament will signal a press conference the next day.

UT could do better than expected in the tournament. I don't think they're gonna go down without a fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong TNVOL1, but I seem to remember back in Feb. that you had checked with your posse and they told you Buzz would not be fired...is that still the word?

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 8, 2005 6:45 AM
Friday at the earliest. UT's departure from the SEC tournament will signal a press conference the next day.

To me that doesn't sound like the way it would be handled if he was coming back.

exactly freak. thats why he will be fired. buzz, hamilton, and the prez. all sat down to discuss buzz's plan next year. maybe buzz sold them on it but i doubt it.

when they lose in the sec tournament he will be gone, im pretty sure.

there are some good coaches from mid-majors who will come in and do a very nice job here if we find the right one. but that is the hard part.

i think hamilton has a sweet spot for buzz though and may keep him around since this recruiting class is gonna be decent.

When you mention Coach Hamilton, are you speaking of the current coach at FSU? Wasn't he also coach at Oklahoma State once?

Sorry to tell everyone but Buzz isn't leaving. how are we going to fire him after he wins the sec championship and gets us to the ncaa tourney. ;)

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 8, 2005 3:19 PM
Sorry to tell everyone but Buzz isn't leaving. how are we going to fire him after he wins the sec championship and gets us to the ncaa tourney. ;)

I heard opposite of what you heard....I heard Buzz was gone.....And believe it or not....I think even if we do win the SEC tournament we still can't get in the big dance.....I believe that is what I heard on ESPN...But I thought if you won your conference tournament, you got in on an automatic bid?

The SEC gets an automatic bid for its tournament champion no matter who it is and how lucky they get.

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 8, 2005 3:19 PM

I like it. If we win the SECC I might give Buzz one more year just for the fact that it hasn't been done since 1979.

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 8, 2005 3:29 PM
The SEC gets an automatic bid for its tournament champion no matter who it is and how lucky they get.

That's what I was thinking when I heard that on ESPN....Course it is ESPN....I should have known that's what they would have said....I guess that qualified as being a stupid statement on my part

Originally posted by TennFan@Mar 8, 2005 2:55 PM
When you mention Coach Hamilton, are you speaking of the current coach at FSU? Wasn't he also coach at Oklahoma State once?

nobody put coach in front of hamilton. he is the a.d. genius. :spank:

Yeah if you win your tournament, Your in the ncaa tournament. I would flip out if it happened. I will be doing alittle extra praying this week.

I still don't think that would help our cause though, guy LOL...It might, he listens but I just don't think we will win our conference tournament LOL....Oh well....Even if we don't make it...GO JAYHAWKS!!!! and GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back