When will they announce OU starting time?

Looking like another prime time game.

That site still lists the game as somewhere in the 3:30-8:00pm window. So, it’s still either an afternoon or a night game start.
In years past, the networks announced the TBA starting times either 6 days or 12 days away from the game date.
Im hoping that we will know it this Monday.

That site still lists the game as somewhere in the 3:30-8:00pm window. So, it’s still either an afternoon or a night game start.
In years past, the networks announced the TBA starting times either 6 days or 12 days away from the game date.
Im hoping that we will know it this Monday.
Not seeing another big game that will bring in the best ratings on week 4.

I’m hoping It’s the ABC 3:30 eastern time slot.
I dont like road night games.
Looking like another prime time game.

It’s currently got a flex on it for either starting between 3:30-4:30pm or starting between 6-8pm.

I presume they were waiting to see what happened this week when they originally announced the flex at the start of the season (at which point UT was like #15).

We’ll probably get a game time announcement on Monday.

We're going to be the night game since that's the "prime" slot now.
Too much story between coach and OU, also OU 1st SEC game.
Plan your day accordingly and there will be plenty of commercials so plan for that too😎

I’m hoping It’s the ABC 3:30 eastern time slot.
I dont like road night games.
I sure do like to set on my couch and sip bourbon when the Vols are playing at night.

Never have been much of a daytime drinker except for an occasional beer.

I hate night games because I always watch them delayed to avoid halftime, commercials, etc. and that means I'm starting the game about 8:45 to end it the same time.

Agree though that prime time is going to be the new "prime" slot and get what they consider the best matchup of the week, and there's nothing close to UT-OU that week.

I’ll be surprised if Gamrday doesn’t come, it’s gonna be a big game and it’s got the best story of Huepel coming back to Oklahoma but this time as the rival
Maybe. They might decide to break it up since they’re doing #18 LSU vs South Carolina this weekend and are almost certainly doing #1 Georgia vs #4 Alabama in the week that follows UT-OU.

Reactions: counterdevotee
The rest of the SEC schedule is garbage. It's Oklahoma’s first SEC game and Heupel’s return to Norman. It’ll 100% be the 3:30 game right?

Maybe. They might decide to break it up since they’re doing #18 LSU vs South Carolina this weekend and are almost certainly doing #1 Georgia vs #4 Alabama in the week that follows UT-OU.
ESPN has the broadcast rights to the SEC. Why would they not have game day at an SEC school each week? Especially if it's the biggest game. Visiting any other conference would essentially be promoting another network.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
As good as we are getting right now and returning to the lip of prominence, expect a lot of night games if we keep trending upward.

ESPN will announce the time tomorrow or Tuesday. More than likely either 3:30 ABC OR 6:30 ABC

I just hope they repair that ****** field before the game. Huge divots everywhere during the Houston game.

Oh, and **** OU.

Anyone who has tickets what are the designated visitor sections for OU this year? I'm driving up from Houston but would prefer to sit in orange

From David Paschall TFP

Oklahoma's 16-12 victory over Houston wasn't the most impressive win in program lore — the Sooners punted eight times and had 289 total yards — but it likely clinched the Sept. 21 matchup with visiting Tennessee as ABC's prime-time telecast.

VN Store

Back