Where do you see us in the preseason polls?

HooahVol

With our excellent performance in the Citrus I really am tempted think we make the Top ten. However, we have a lot of SEC teams that could be ranked above us. I fully expect UGA and Bama of course to be higher. Ole Miss finished pretty well too and we now have Texas in the conference. Missouri also looked pretty dang good in their takedown of the Buckeyes. If we start 5th or 6th in our own conference then I bet we are somewhere around #15. Which is fine btw, we will still control our own destiny.

With our excellent performance in the Citrus I really am tempted think we make the Top ten. However, we have a lot of SEC teams that could be ranked above us. I fully expect UGA and Bama of course to be higher. Ole Miss finished pretty well too and we now have Texas in the conference. Missouri also looked pretty dang good in their takedown of the Buckeyes. If we start 5th or 6th in our own conference then I bet we are somewhere around #15. Which is fine btw, we will still control our own destiny.
15-20 would be my guess for initial AP rankings.

Teams ahead of us:
SEC: UGA, TX, Bama, LSU, OM, OU, Mizzou
B10: UM, OSU, PSU
ACC: FSU, maybe Clemson, maybe Louisville
P10: UO, WU, maybe AZ, maybe USC
ND

So, not higher than 14, as low as 19.

If the secondary is shored up with more transfers, we deserve to be top 10, but that won't happen due to B10 and ND bias.

One thing I really love about this sight is people are pretty realistic. I think all your points are vaild.

Oh, and Nationdom, love the enthusiasm buddy.

It seems easier to go up than when you fall down. I'm good with a top 20 rating. Agree that Missouri is going to be tough again next year and look for UGA and BAMA to be rivals at the top. LSU is also in my top ten next year. If we beat everyone we play except top 5-6 teams this fall, that will be an amazing year with a redshirt freshman for a QB and gutted/replaced with freshman secondary. We have serious depth issues on both lines. Go Vols!

Reactions: HooahVol
Well, many blamed the slip in the preseason poll on the starting qb coming into 2023. If there's any truth to that, I suspect we move up this year in preseason ranking. I don't know if that's fact or fiction, NO IDEA.

Reactions: HooahVol
Teams ahead of us:
SEC: UGA, TX, Bama, LSU, OM, OU, Mizzou
B10: UM, OSU, PSU
ACC: FSU, maybe Clemson, maybe Louisville
P10: UO, WU, maybe AZ, maybe USC
ND

So, not higher than 14, as low as 19.

If the secondary is shored up with more transfers, we deserve to be top 10, but that won't happen due to B10 and ND bias.
USC, UCLA, UW, Oregon are not in the PAC 12 come August 2024.

Will start around #15, but I think the team will surprise a lot of folks. The secondary will be upgraded with better athletes. The front 7 will be better. The QB will be improved. The receiver group will be improved. The 2024 team will be better than the 2023 team. Maybe a lot better.

Since most voters don’t actually pay attention to games, our decisive bowl victory over a “fabulous” Iowa team, where our up and coming qb “scored at will” will more than likely have us rated higher than we normally would be. They won’t realize that Iowa sucks and we scored 14 points on defense. They will only see the 35-0

Using Vegas as a barometer, we are the 8th best odds in the SEC to win the natty. I would think that puts us in the 15-20th spot in the initial rankings.
Vegas is much smarter than the AP and Coaches poll voters. Vegas is using actual quantitative models, more similar to FPI and Sagarin. AP and Coaches poll voters just think any team with less losses than another team is better regardless of competition level.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
#17 but will improve as the season goes on. If Tennessee doesn't make the 12 team playoffs, that will be a HUGE disappointment.

Reactions: Pickle1

VN Store

Back