Where is Meachem

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I really thought we would see him break out this past game. Anybody heard anything? Is he not running good routes? Are the qb's not finding him? Is he being triple covered? What is going on?

That is a good question, freak. It seems that I read on another board somewhere that he was being double covered a good bit. It's not a bad thing at all to be able to say your first collegiate pass went for a TD. It's also good to know that we now have some WR's that actually scare other teams now: they respect their abilities. When other teams stack the box, Erik or Brent can pick them apart, and I LIKE IT!!! :p

The good thing is that the QBs are looking at other WRs besides the first option. Tony Brown was the 5th option on the crucial 4th down conversion in the 4th quarter against Florida.
:good:

Good question. However, I do find it enjoyable and conforting that all of our receivers are catching passes, not just on or two. And our tight end caught a TD pass, all around good day. :good:

I was impressed with Brad Cottam and the catch he made in the UNLV game. He showed he can really move after he made it. I noticed Chris Brown playing a good bit at TE the other night. I wonder if the coaches intend to get him involved in the passing game any? I was also thrilled to see Jayson finally make it to the end zone. That throw Erik made to Justin for our second TD was just beautiful. Not many seniors could make that throw, much less a freshman. WOW!!! It is also good to see David Holbert getting into the mix, and making that catch he made in the game. Guys, I think we have signed us a very solid class this year, and it is starting to pay off.

I have thought about this all weekend, and no one around here can give me a real answer.

VN Store

Back