Where's the Read Option?

WiseOlVol

Butch has to let the QB keep the ball from time to time.

It looked good vs. AP. Didn't run it once vs. WKU.

Florida will make the QB pay, but that's the deal.

We should not even run the read option if the QB is never going to keep it. The really good SEC defenses are going to destroy this offense.

Anyone who paid attention to the game yesterday was likely doing what i was doing (laughing) every time we ran the read option. EVERYONE playing or watching knew Worley was no threat whatsoever to keep the ball on any of those plays. Oregon's defense completely ignored his fakes and made a beeline for the running back every single play. it was quite comical to watch, unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 person
After watching two games in person and yesterdays game if Worley is our qb we win 2 more games. Im no coach but I can promise you this we want beat anyone on our schedule but Kentucky and S.Alabama with him as qb. The kid can't throw sec defenses will take away the run and our defense will get tired.

with a qb that can actually run and throw something that we don't have at the moment

On the field yes. On the roster? Yet to be determined.

Given our only really option right now (including throwing it) is handing it off to a rb, Im ready to see if that guy is on the roster.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch has to let the QB keep the ball from time to time.

It looked good vs. AP. Didn't run it once vs. WKU.

Florida will make the QB pay, but that's the deal.

CBJ doesn't make on field decisions. Worley does. He's afraid to throw or run so he passes te buck. Worley played how he wanted to yesterday. He threw no interceptions and "didn't lose" the game.

CBJ doesn't make on field decisions. Worley does. He's afraid to throw or run so he passes te buck. Worley played how he wanted to yesterday. He threw no interceptions and "didn't lose" the game.

I'd venture to guess that 90% of the decisions are coming in from the sideline at this point.

I'd venture to guess that 90% of the decisions are coming in from the sideline at this point.

So CBJ makes decisions after the ball is snapped before the whistle is blown? Pretty sure that's the players.

So CBJ makes decisions after the ball is snapped before the whistle is blown? Pretty sure that's the players.

I'd bet that a lot more of those "read" looking handoffs are by design that you think.

VN Store

Back