Who are we going for & Who do we have a shot at?

VolNRaleighNC

Just wondering...at these different positions, who are we going for the most and who do we have the best shot at? Obviously there's tons of talent and limited space, so where we at with these studs...

Running Back -
Noel Devine (Heard we didn't offer & he's basically stupid [grades])
Joe McKnight (Figured he'd be LSU bound since from LA)
Lennon Creer
John Clay (I haven't heard any recent news about him, any good?)
Armando Allen (Heard rumors that he's UF's)

Wide Receiver -
Terrance Toliver
Ahmad Paige
Ron Brooks
Brandon Paul
Morgan Burnett
Demetrius Byrd
Kenny O'Neal

Offensive Line -
Matt Romine
Kristofer O'Dowd
Jaivorio Burkes
Kevin Bryant

Defensive Line -
Marvin Austin (Heard he's a TROJAN MAN)
Carlos Dunlap
Ben Marin

Linebacker -
Chris Donald (Us or Doomers)

Defensive Back -
Eric Berry (Heard we've got a shot between OSU & UGA)
Ronald Johnson

I dont think we sit too well on the RB situation. Yes, we did not offer Devine because he is dumb and he also has three kids already. Armando Allen will choose between UT, ND, and UF on Friday.

I think we have a good shot at Burnett although I think h will end up playing safety at UT. I think Tolliver is LSU's, but we are in the mix. A guy we are still in the hunt for that you dont have listed at WR is Dwight Jones. He has committed to North Carolina but likes UT. We are in the race for Austin, and I think Donald will be a Vol. As for Berry, he sayed that UT was at the top of his list or not far from it. I think we have the best shot at him than anyone.

is John Clay no good... I thought he was ranked in the top 100 on rivals.com and scout.com? his school were between ohio st., wisconsin, and tennesssee (some others were lower interest). ohio st. has pittman and that frosh. chris wells and wisconsin has that frosh. b.j. hill. i think coker will do us just fine but are we not going after him and/or is he a dud? who is the best running back we are going after?

I havent heard any word on John Clay, so I cant tell you. I would have to say the best RB we are going after is Armando Allen...according to Rivals, he is the #2 APB.

Noel Devine-No chance
Joe McKnight-Little chance
Lennon Creer-Good chance
John Clay-Little chance
Armando Allen-Little chance

Terrance Toliver-No chance
Ahmad Paige-Decent chance
Ron Brooks-Not high on our list
Brandon Paul-Decent chance
Morgan Burnett-Decent chance
Demetrius Byrd-No chance
Kenny O'Neal-Good chance

Matt Romine-No chance
Kristofer O'Dowd-Little chance
Jaivorio Burkes-No chance
Kevin Bryant-No chance

Marvin Austin-Little chance
Carlos Dunlap-Decent chance
Ben Martin-Decent chance

Chris Donald-Great chance

Eric Berry-Great chance
Ronald Johnson-No chance

Tolliver has said that his top(maybe final) 2 are LSU and UF.

As for Martin, I don't think we have a great chance with him, but a decent one. He has always been a ND fan but was extremely turned off by Weis. He isn't a huge OSU guy which is the contrary to most highly rated players from Ohio. I don't know how high he is on UF either.

You might be right about Martin, I just know it is hard to recruit from the midwest. That has never been Tennessee's strongest region. I havent even heard any updates on him in awhile.

VN Store

Back