Who can name these guys?

BHAMVOLFAN

former-vols-astros.jpg

You don't have any VN bucks, hun. Freak stole 'em all.

But it's former Vols Todd Helton, Chris Burke, Eli Iorg and Phil Garner

I heard Freak gave YOU all the VN bucks! You cheated, how did you get the answer? Oh, you musta visited utsports.com. Since you already have all my VN bucks anyway, you can now spend them all without guilt!

:shakehead:

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Jun 22, 2005 10:32 AM
I heard Freak gave YOU all the VN bucks!  :shakehead:
[snapback]106371[/snapback]​

Don't believe nasty rumors that circulate this board about me. I am currently leading a grass-roots movement to get our dollars back.

:laugh1:

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Jun 22, 2005 10:32 AM
  Oh, you musta visited utsports.com.  :shakehead:
[snapback]106371[/snapback]​

EXCUSE me???? Why would you assume I wouldn't know my sports figures?? Because I'm female?

When I was in high school - (Bearden) - Phil Garner came to our school for a ceremony naming the baseball field after him. It was just after the Pirates won the World Series (81?). I wasn't much of a baseball fan but was a long time Pirates fan since I was from Pittsburgh originally.

Since then, I've supported whichever team Garner was associated with.

My favorite was the Brewers - I lived in the Chicago area and needed to support a non-Chicago team, I like beer :p , they have the best mascot - I love when he goes down the slide into the big mug of beer!

Originally posted by volinbham@Jun 22, 2005 10:45 AM
When I was in high school - (Bearden) - Phil Garner came to our school for a ceremony naming the baseball field after him.  It was just after the Pirates won the World Series (81?).  I wasn't much of a baseball fan but was a long time Pirates fan since I was from Pittsburgh originally. 

Since then, I've supported whichever team Garner was associated with.

My favorite was the Brewers - I lived in the Chicago area and needed to support a non-Chicago team, I like beer  :p , they have the best mascot - I love when he goes down the slide into the big mug of beer!
[snapback]106375[/snapback]​

It's always nice to meet a fellow Bulldog (class of '93). There's also a Phil Garner Field next to our lake house in Rutledge, TN. The sign for it is at the only red light in town so it's hard to miss.

Originally posted by surrealvol@Jun 22, 2005 8:46 AM
I am still reeling over our poor showing in the CWS. :angry:
[snapback]106376[/snapback]​

Hey, there's no such thing as a 'poor showing' in the CWS. Be glad the Vols made it there. That means 8 best in the country. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Originally posted by surrealvol@Jun 22, 2005 10:46 AM
I am still reeling over our poor showing in the CWS. :angry:
[snapback]106376[/snapback]​

Ditto what Milo said. Certainly I'm dissapointed, but da$% proud of the effort and greatful we earned our way there. I heard today that one of our pitcher commitments for next season signed a MLB contract yesterday. I believe he was drafted in the 9th round so probably signed for about $100G.

VN Store

Back