Who Is It Going to Be?

Captain Awesome

Who is our next victory going to be against when we aren't expected to win? Will it be this year? If it's this year, I think our best shot is against South Carolina. I think our O-Line will be stout enough to hold off their D-Line and we'll be able to match up against them pretty well at many of the other areas. What say you, Vol Nation?

If Oregon doesn't completely demoralize "Team 117," the Gators better be weary of an vengeful orange clad bunch. Don't be a bit surprised to see the Volunteers rebound against what will be a sputtering Florida offense.

Florida.

We will have a nice moral victory over the ducks. The Florida game will set the tone for the remainder of the season

A lot of things has to happen but if it was to pick the most likely upset this season I would have to go with South Carolina. If we have any type of offense at all I think we can steal a win from someone this season. I actually think our defense is going to be better than expected this season. With a halfway decent D and a good running game anything is possible. We need to find us a QB who can manage the game and play turnover and mistake free football. Surely out of all 4 qbs one of them is capable of that.

If Oregon doesn't completely demoralize "Team 117," the Gators better be weary of an vengeful orange clad bunch. Don't be a bit surprised to see the Volunteers rebound against what will be a sputtering Florida offense.

In past seasons, when we were the stronger team when playing Florida, we would find ourselves having a lead. Then we would concentrate on the score board and lose our focus. We would start to second guess ourselves.

Hopefully, with this coaching staff, that attitude will change and we will finish the job.

It's a toss up between UF, USCjr., or UGA. But if I had to pick, I would choose either USCjr. or UGA because of the homefield advantage. If win win any one of those three, then I will be thrilled. Winning more than 1 would be gravy and Butch should get coach of the year, providing other things fall into place like beating the other teams that we should. 7-5 or 8-4 is my prediction.:twocents:

In past seasons, when we were the stronger team when playing Florida, we would find ourselves having a lead. Then we would concentrate on the score board and lose our focus. We would start to second guess ourselves..

And that was the good ol' days under Fulmer. His last few years and then since, UT has not really bee competitive enough get to that point.

I know it makes me a "nouveau" fan... but I despise UF much more than Bama or any other SEC team.

Reactions: 2 people
I think every game except Bama is within reason. Due to depth issues, I think the deeper games in the season are more problematic. OTOH, I am still not as enamoured with USCe as most.

Avoiding critical injuries at thin positions is critical... but being thin at a position means you cannot relieve the starters as much and thus increase their likelihood and exposure to injury.

It's a toss up between UF, USCjr., or UGA. But if I had to pick, I would choose either USCjr. or UGA because of the homefield advantage. If win win any one of those three, then I will be thrilled. Winning more than 1 would be gravy and Butch should get coach of the year, providing other things fall into place like beating the other teams that we should. 7-5 or 8-4 is my prediction.:twocents:

Like that. I think Oregon is more winnable than you apparently do and would mean alot nationally/recruiting... But I think UT s/b a 7 or 8 regular season win team.

Like that. I think Oregon is more winnable than you apparently do and would mean alot nationally/recruiting... But I think UT s/b a 7 or 8 regular season win team.
I also think Oregon is more winnable than most. If we can dominate on the lines and pound the rock we may just have a fighting chance. Coach Jones should watch game film from the Oregon/Stanford games if he wants to see how to beat them. To me Oregon is more winnable than UF or UGA. If we was to beat Oregon you better believe its going to get a ton of national attention. Front page would read "Butch Jones does the unthinkable, shocks the world in his first game as UT coach".

Last edited:
Stanford didn't even play particularly well on O. They had 3 turnovers. They had only two real threats all day long- RB and Ertz. Their OL was good but not great. They played together well but did not look athletic.

I think coaches that play Stanford have probably memorized that game by now.

I thought moral victories are losses but with good effort?

They are. If the team competes hard for all 4 quarters. Plays their hearts out. They leave it all on the field and still lose, I can accept that.

What I can't accept is the crap I saw last year. Quitting!!!

I also think Oregon is more winnable than most. If we can dominate on the lines and pound the rock we may just have a fighting chance. Coach Jones should watch game film from the Oregon/Stanford games if he wants to see how to beat them. To me Oregon is more winnable than UF or UGA. If we was to beat Oregon you better believe its going to get a ton of national attention. Front page would read "Butch Jones does the unthinkable, shocks the world in his first game as UT coach".

An OR victory would be worth about 2 5* recruits PR wise.

VN Store

Back