Who is on the Mount Rushmore of your Favorite Team?

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
45267B8C-A781-4DC5-A516-0EC6BBE4048C.jpeg

Who is on the Mount Rushmore of your favorite NFL team?

DETROIT LIONS

Barry Sanders, Megatron, Matt Stafford, Chris Spielman.

If I had to name the greatest Steelers I'd go with - Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Jerome Bettis, and Lynn Swann.

Sorry, no room for Terry Bradshaw and Big Ben. Really had a hard time leaving Troy Polamalu, and Rod Woodson off the list

My favorite all time Steeler was Hines Ward. Gave %110 percent every game.

Reactions: MAD
If I had to name the greatest Steelers I'd go with - Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Jerome Bettis, and Lynn Swann.

Sorry, no room for Terry Bradshaw and Big Ben. Really had a hard time leaving Troy Polamalu, and Rod Woodson off the list

Pittsburgh has so many greats.
Franco Harris

Reactions: vols 30
Washington

Darrell Green
Sammy Baugh
Art Monk
John Riggins

honorable mention: Mark Mosley. The only kicker to ever win MVP

Reactions: vols 30 and MAD

I'd definitely go Ward over Bettis. FWIW, he had more yards and TD's for the Steelers

Reactions: vols 30 and MAD
McNair, George, Matthews, ….???…Wycheck?

There honestly haven’t been that many truly “great” Titans, just a bunch of really good ones. I feel certain Henry will be there soon, maybe has a case already. Arguments could be made for Derrick Mason and Keith Bulluck.

I can’t bring myself to claim guys who were only Oilers, or naturally Moon and Campbell would be there.

McNair, George, Matthews, ….???…Wycheck?

There honestly haven’t been that many truly “great” Titans, just a bunch of really good ones. I feel certain Henry will be there soon, maybe has a case already. Arguments could be made for Derrick Mason and Keith Bulluck.

I can’t bring myself to claim guys who were only Oilers, or naturally Moon and Campbell would be there.

What about Chris Johnson?...he's your Earl Campbell. It was a short run, but there were a couple of years there where he was the scariest RB on the planet.

Which players do you think would make it on more than one Mt. Rushmore’s team?

Which players do you think would make it on more than one Mt. Rushmore’s team?

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are the only surefire ones who come to mind.

Deion Sanders was great with multiple teams, and definitely makes Atlanta's, but idk if he would knock anybody off the Niners' or Cowboys'. Both have had too many great players. Similar situation with Terrell Owens (In fact, I'm not sure Owens would make the Mt. Rushmore of any of the teams he played with, which is crazy considering how good his career was tbh).

I thought Cris Carter would have a stronger case, but I didn't realize he was only in Philly for 3 seasons before his stint with the Vikings, and didn't really do much.

Matt Stafford has a decent shot if he has a solid close-out to his career.

I like the mentions of Marshall Faulk and Reggie White. Those are good ones. Jerome Bettis was likewise really good with the Rams before he went to Pittsburgh, but it's hard to make a Mt. Rushmore case when he was only there 3 years.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are the only surefire ones who come to mind.

Deion Sanders was great with multiple teams, and definitely makes Atlanta's, but idk if he would knock anybody off the Niners' or Cowboys'. Both have had too many great players. Similar situation with Terrell Owens (In fact, I'm not sure Owens would make the Mt. Rushmore of any of the teams he played with, which is crazy considering how good his career was tbh).

I thought Cris Carter would have a stronger case, but I didn't realize he was only in Philly for 3 seasons before his stint with the Vikings, and didn't really do much.

Matt Stafford has a decent shot if he has a solid close-out to his career.

I like the mentions of Marshall Faulk and Reggie White. Those are good ones. Jerome Bettis was likewise really good with the Rams before he went to Pittsburgh, but it's hard to make a Mt. Rushmore case when he was only there 3 years.
Manning wasn't in Denver long enough to make the Mt. Rushmore IMO

I can see Tom end up on Tampa's though*

*needs a 2nd Super Bowl

Yeah, CJ2K is on that short list as well. His stretch from 2008-2012 was unreal.
Maybe speaking out of pocket here, but I'd put CJ2K on it over Eddie George.

Eddie George only had 1 season as a Titan where he averaged over 4 YPC. He stood out a a big, plodding, slow back in an era where those kinds of RBs were more common.

CJ2K wasn't around for all that long, but man, he burned bright. That 2009 season was one of the most ridiculous performances I've ever seen from a RB (2509 yards from scrimmage!), and even after that season he was still a threat to score from anywhere on the field. You can say that about very few players.

Maybe speaking out of pocket here, but I'd put CJ2K on it over Eddie George.

Eddie George only had 1 season as a Titan where he averaged over 4 YPC. He stood out a a big, plodding, slow back in an era where those kinds of RBs were more common.

CJ2K wasn't around for all that long, but man, he burned bright. That 2009 season was one of the most ridiculous performances I've ever seen from a RB (2509 yards from scrimmage!), and even after that season he was still a threat to score from anywhere on the field. You can say that about very few players.

I loved Eddie George, but I feel like he was always overrated because of his physicality. Not saying he wasn't a legit pro bowler, but you're right with the ypc stuff. He was a workhorse who punished the D but who just didn't have a quick enough first couple steps. He only ended up with 100 yards in 26% of his starts. He didn't scare anybody except DB's who didn't want to tackle him.

I loved Eddie George, but I feel like he was always overrated because of his physicality. Not saying he wasn't a legit pro bowler, but you're right with the ypc stuff. He was a workhorse who punished the D but who just didn't have a quick enough first couple steps. He only ended up with 100 yards in 26% of his starts. He didn't scare anybody except DB's who didn't want to tackle him.
Overrated because of the physicality, plus he played on a bunch of good Titans teams. It also seemed like he got tripped up easily, despite his size, when hitting the hole.

Overrated because of the physicality, plus he played on a bunch of good Titans teams. It also seemed like he got tripped up easily, despite his size, when hitting the hole.

Those teams were generally good at D and he's a bruiser and those things tend to work together. Even though the YPC is low, he wasn't taking a lot of losses and that is important. I think that is more important than fans/media let on.

Barry Sanders is the greatest home run hitter of all time, but he would also put you in a big hole on first down dancing behind the line of scrimmage, trying to make something happen. I'm not knocking Barry, he played the hand he was dealt, I'm just saying when you're on a good team, sometimes it's better to be the guy who puts his head down and falls forward.

VN Store

Back