Who remembers Kurt Roper?

RowdyZ

And what are your impressions of him.

He started out at UT as a grad assistant.
Went with Cutcliffe to Ole Miss, came back to UT
with Cutcliffe as running backs coach for a couple of years (Arian Foster)then went with him to Duke where is currently the OC and QB coach. Supposedly ETSU has interviewed him for the head coaching job.
Just wanted to get a feel for him from those who remember him, I honestly don't.

Last edited:

with Cutcliffe as running backs coach for a couple of years (Arian Foster)then went with him to Duke where is currently the OC and QB coach. Supposedly ETSU has interviewed him for the head coaching job.
Just wanted to get a feel for him from those who remember him, I honestly don't.

I remember him proving you don't have to know what you're doing to coach running backs
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people

I remember him. His father , Bobby coached at U.T. in the 70's. I don't remember a whole lot about him, other than that he came in with Cutcliffe, and left with him.

Apparently Fulmer is calling Cut to save his ass again by asking what should he do with this "consulting" paying gig at ETSU.

I don't believe he was all that great, but he was the guy Cut wanted so everyone was good with him. At least that is my recollection of him.

I know, but you don't see many "Ropers" and even fewer chances to bring up Three's Company.

Yeah..you can't pass those up...waiting for a five star with the last name of Furley
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I remember him. I think he was at Kentucky when Cutcliffe brought him to UT

Yeah he went to Kentucky for the 1 year Cutcliffe was at Nortre Dame, other then that he has been with Cutcliffe every step of the way since starting as a grad assistant at UT.

I remember he was one of the coaches who abandoned us to go to Duke, leading to a recruiting class ranked lower than any class I can remember. I hope he gets to coach at Duke the rest of his days.

Hopefully ETSU finds someone who has not ridden on the coattails of one coach their entire career. Find a good young mind who is ambitious and wants to win.

VN Store

Back