Why Ainge Will Start

titanem_ti

ONLY REASON COACH FULMER HAS RICK IN THE MIX AS THE CO-#1 IS TO MAKE AINGE STEP UP HIS GAME AT QB. THAT WILL MAKE HIM WORK HARDER AS THAT WILL MAKE HIM A MORE EXPERIENCED QB. I LIKE RICK AND THINK THAT HE IS A VERY GOOD QB BUT I ALSO THINK HE IS A BETTER QB COACH THAN A QB. I READ ON ANOTHER BOARD THAT WAS A TRUE STATEMENT ABOUT RICK. HAS HE PLAYED AGAINST A VERY TALENTED DEFENSE, NO HE HASN'T. TAMU DIDN'T HAVE A VERY GOOD DEFENSE. AINGE ON THE OTHER HAS PLAYED AGAINST GOOD DEFENSE AS A FRESHMAN HE HAD TO JUMP IN AND PLAY AGAINST 4-5-6 AND 7 MAN FRONT DEFENSE AND THAT IS JUST ABOUT UN-HEARD OF IN 1 YEAR OF F-BALL HE DID GET EAT UP BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT HE WAS A FRESH AND I THOUGHT HE HANDLED IT VERY WELL.RICK DID NOT PLAY AGAINST DEFENSES LIKE THAT, AND BESIDES THE MEDIA IS JUST ABOUT PRESSURING FULMER TO START ANIGE BECAUSE ALL YOUR HEAR ABOUT IN TENN. F-BALL IS AINGE. THATS ABOUT ALL I HEAR ANYWAY. :peace:

Welcome to VolNation.

Glad to have you here. Please turn off your caps lock when you post.

Thanks. :welcome: :welcome:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Apr 23, 2005 12:03 PM
Welcome to VolNation.

Thanks. :welcome: :welcome:

sorry

Originally posted by titanem_ti+Apr 23, 2005 1:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titanem_ti @ Apr 23, 2005 1:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Apr 23, 2005 12:03 PM
Welcome to VolNation.

Thanks. :welcome:  :welcome:

sorry [/quote]
No probelm, actually i just noticed you joined last month.

As for Ainge I think he did play against some tough defenses last year but he also looked bad at times. He obviously showed his inexperience against Auburn. We all agree that Ainge has more tools than Clausen, the key is going to be how much better he can learn the offense and if he can make good decisions. They both have things they do well.

I love having this problem. :D

I don&#39;t like this problem at all. Remeber it texas when everyone wanted Chris simms to sit the bench because they wanted major applewhite to play. It can get very ugly if Ainge struggles at all this year.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Apr 23, 2005 12:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Apr 23, 2005 12:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by titanem_ti@Apr 23, 2005 1:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak
@Apr 23, 2005 12:03 PM
Welcome to VolNation.

Thanks. :welcome:  :welcome:

sorry

No probelm, actually i just noticed you joined last month.

As for Ainge I think he did play against some tough defenses last year but he also looked bad at times. He obviously showed his inexperience against Auburn. We all agree that Ainge has more tools than Clausen, the key is going to be how much better he can learn the offense and if he can make good decisions. They both have things they do well.

I love having this problem. :D [/quote]
i agree with you %100, but Auburn brought a 7 man front against him and ainge has never seen a defense like that. If I am correct Coach Fulmer said after the game, that on film Auburn never used a front 7 and that AU used it to there advantage against a freshman QB. I could be wrong though.

I love having this problem too. :)

Ainge played better last year when he had competition from Schaeffer, and I think Clausen is a better rival than Brent was. Ainge has the better talent and abilities, but Clausen seems to use his ablities to their fullest extent. Which is why he seems more productive (per Spring Game). I think it will be interesting to watch, and like Freak said "I love having this problem".

ONLY REASON COACH FULMER HAS RICK IN THE MIX AS THE CO-#1 IS TO MAKE AINGE STEP UP HIS GAME AT QB.

Did you not watch UT last year? Ainge has alot of talent but so far their is one thing he has not accomplished with regularity and that is moving the offense and understanding his limitations.

Clausen understands his limitations and plays within the offense trying to get the ball in the playmakers hands and not making mistakes, He does not have Ainge&#39;s ability but UT scores when he runs the offense.
If Ainge can understand his limitations and get a better understanding of the offense then he will be the starter but if he continues as he did as a Freshman and the offense looks heckel and jeckel from series to series and he makes mistakes then Clausen will be the starter.
Clausen is CO-#1 because he has earned the right to be there and proven he can win. I sat and watched the Orange and White game and with the same supporting cast Clausen looked better, made less mistakes and moved the team better than Ainge did. This doesn&#39;t mean that he will be the starter just as starting last year doesn&#39;t mean Ainge will be the starter this fall. Crompton is also in the mix and he knows the plays and the offense as well as Ainge does, the only difference is using it under live fire. There will be a serious 3 way battle for #1 this fall and you can write that in your book in ink.
Fulmer will make the final determination on who the starter is and that will be the one who makes the fewest mistakes and gives the team the best chance to win whether its a Senior, Sophomore or Freshman. Now guess what no matter which one it is they all three can get the job done. Fulmer proved last year that he will start a Freshman and you can bet he&#39;ll do it again if he thinks its to the teams advantage.

Personally I think Ainge will be 1 and Clausen will be 2 but you can bet both will play and it could wind up a week to week deal with who ever does the best in practice that week starts which is just fine with me also.

I can just see Clausen getting the start at LSU and beating them at night in Baton Rouge&#33; What a story.

Clausen unless I have forgotten last year started against Auburn and helped give UT the best chance of anyone to beat Auburn.

Originally posted by titanem_ti@Apr 23, 2005 12:01 PM
ONLY REASON COACH FULMER HAS RICK IN THE MIX AS THE CO-#1 IS TO MAKE AINGE STEP UP HIS GAME AT QB. THAT WILL MAKE HIM WORK HARDER AS THAT WILL MAKE HIM A MORE EXPERIENCED QB. I LIKE RICK AND THINK THAT HE IS A VERY GOOD QB BUT I ALSO THINK HE IS A BETTER QB COACH THAN A QB. I READ ON ANOTHER BOARD THAT WAS A TRUE STATEMENT ABOUT RICK. HAS HE PLAYED AGAINST A VERY TALENTED DEFENSE, NO HE HASN&#39;T. TAMU DIDN&#39;T HAVE A VERY GOOD DEFENSE. AINGE ON THE OTHER HAS PLAYED AGAINST GOOD DEFENSE AS A FRESHMAN HE HAD TO JUMP IN AND PLAY AGAINST 4-5-6 AND 7 MAN FRONT DEFENSE AND THAT IS JUST ABOUT UN-HEARD OF IN 1 YEAR OF F-BALL HE DID GET EAT UP BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT HE WAS A FRESH AND I THOUGHT HE HANDLED IT VERY WELL.RICK DID NOT PLAY AGAINST DEFENSES LIKE THAT, AND BESIDES THE MEDIA IS JUST ABOUT PRESSURING FULMER TO START ANIGE BECAUSE ALL YOUR HEAR ABOUT IN TENN. F-BALL IS AINGE. THATS ABOUT ALL I HEAR ANYWAY. :peace:

Beg to differ with you but maybe you should check your facts. Texas A&M actually had a pretty good defense. In the SEC only Alabama and Georgia had a better defense than did Texas A&M. That&#39;s one reason A&M was made a 3 point favorite in the bowl game.

Wrong. Texas A&M couldn&#39;t stop anybody to save their lives last year. They gave up an average of almost 250 yards a game through the air. They also gave up an average of over 140 on the ground, and that&#39;s after Wyoming put up negative rush numbers against them. TAMU&#39;s defense sucked in 2004, don&#39;t even try and reason otherwise.

Originally posted by titanem_ti@Apr 23, 2005 12:01 PM
ONLY REASON COACH FULMER HAS RICK IN THE MIX AS THE CO-#1 IS TO MAKE AINGE STEP UP HIS GAME AT QB. THAT WILL MAKE HIM WORK HARDER AS THAT WILL MAKE HIM A MORE EXPERIENCED QB. I LIKE RICK AND THINK THAT HE IS A VERY GOOD QB BUT I ALSO THINK HE IS A BETTER QB COACH THAN A QB. I READ ON ANOTHER BOARD THAT WAS A TRUE STATEMENT ABOUT RICK. HAS HE PLAYED AGAINST A VERY TALENTED DEFENSE, NO HE HASN&#39;T. TAMU DIDN&#39;T HAVE A VERY GOOD DEFENSE. AINGE ON THE OTHER HAS PLAYED AGAINST GOOD DEFENSE AS A FRESHMAN HE HAD TO JUMP IN AND PLAY AGAINST 4-5-6 AND 7 MAN FRONT DEFENSE AND THAT IS JUST ABOUT UN-HEARD OF IN 1 YEAR OF F-BALL HE DID GET EAT UP BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT HE WAS A FRESH AND I THOUGHT HE HANDLED IT VERY WELL.RICK DID NOT PLAY AGAINST DEFENSES LIKE THAT, AND BESIDES THE MEDIA IS JUST ABOUT PRESSURING FULMER TO START ANIGE BECAUSE ALL YOUR HEAR ABOUT IN TENN. F-BALL IS AINGE. THATS ABOUT ALL I HEAR ANYWAY. :peace:

turn off caps lock. thank u.

good points that we have all heard.

cpf needs to put the qb out there that gives us the best chance to win.

I agree with Chuck and IMO the best QB we got is Ainge......I believe if we had Ainge against AU in the SECCG we would have won that game....JMO....CAn&#39;t go by what ifs though.....We will win us another SEC Championship this year

IMHO IF both Qb&#39;s are equal, then Clausen should get the nod. Seniority and putting in your time DOES mean something. Yes, I know, Ainge would lose a year of experience but that might mean he works just that much harder. In any event, if one is better than the other.....PUT &#39;EM IN&#33; :number1:

Originally posted by volmanbill@Apr 24, 2005 9:09 PM
IMHO IF both Qb&#39;s are equal, then Clausen should get the nod. Seniority and putting in your time DOES mean something. Yes, I know, Ainge would lose a year of experience but that might mean he works just that much harder. In any event, if one is better than the other.....PUT &#39;EM IN&#33; :number1:

But the problem is They are not equal. Ainge is better. He has a better ability to throw the deep ball and you know that his desicon making is going to be better than last year. He will be a force. You guys make it sound like he is getting any smarter learining the plays and what to do in certain situations. Ainge is better. He will start. There is no reason for him not to.

That&#39;s what I think too....but hey....I&#39;m a newbie and need the posts ;)

VN Store

Back