Why is Nick Saban on Gameday

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee Saturday night."
Staff member
This isn’t a criticism of Saban. This is a criticism of ESPN. I was curious if Gameday would be a little more “football-oriented” and less story driven with Saban on board.

I’m not asking for a three hour team meeting of Saban breaking down film. But how do you have the greatest X’s and O’s coach in college football history on the set for a full three hours and not break down any film? How is this possible? You are giving me ANOTHER Dr. Oz segment where if you seen it once you’ve seen it all and yet I can’t get Saban breaking down Georgia’s defense? Or breaking down Dillon Gabriel.

I know it’s popular to rag on ESPN and I usually roll my eyes on some of its criticism, but holy hell we are fumbling the ball here.

Because College Gameday hasn’t been football show for close to two decades. It’s an entertainment show.
^^^^^ Winner ^^^^^

Like my complaint about Peyton and Eli, you mean you're going to give these great QB minds a show then make it FLUFF?

I wonder how long Saban will deal with the foolishness of McAfee and the in his ear direction of "coming to you, Nick, for about 20 seconds of comment on the GA QB."

I laughed hard when McAfee roasted Saban about paying players.

"Dirk Koetter is one of the offensive coordinators I always tried to hire at Alabama, could never get him. He's at Boise. He'll do a great job." - Nick Saban

"That's 'cause you were spending all your money on your players, coach." - Pat McAfee

They were all speechless LMAO

I laughed hard when McAfee roasted Saban about paying players.

"Dirk Koetter is one of the offensive coordinators I always tried to hire at Alabama, could never get him. He's at Boise. He'll do a great job." - Nick Saban

"That's 'cause you were spending all your money on your players, coach." - Pat McAfee

They were all speechless LMAO
And a few minutes later Saban made a joke about the 20 million team at tOSU.

Yea watch a show that slobbers over Georgia and Alabama more than the crew on ESPN GameDay.
That tends to happen when the two most dominant programs in the last 10 years are in your conference. Would rather watch them slobber over Georgia and Bama than Gameday’s infatuation with Michigan and Ohio State. I’d actually like to hear Saban’s take on things but I just can’t take McAfee and the rest of those twits.

Don’t look now but the SEC Network shows are starting to slobber over us too. They love them some Nico and he’s just getting started.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back