Why Is No One Talking About Scott Edgar?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Isn't he supposed to be a great recruiter with some ties to the Memphis area? In light of what has happend with Tyler Smith and Billy Smith I know that everyone is concerned with next year class. Will Edgar be able to help with any of these guys? I know Pearl was really excited to take Edgar on his staff over Benson and I thought one of the reasons was his ability to recruit Memphis.

I am excited about Edgar. I think that Pearl made a great choice in him. Sure, it doesn't help us short term with the Smiths and such, but just thinking about getting some of that IN STATE Memphis talent in the future makes me happy.

There has always been one assistant who has carried over in the coaching change at Tennessee until now. I am looking forward to seeing the improvement in the returning players. You know there is going to be some.

He has a guy who can recruit Memphis and the South, One that can recruit the North and Midwest and he has ties to the East. Looks like he's got his recruiting bases covered. Edgar has recruited Memphis very well and seems to get really good players from out of there even if sometimes no one else has even heard of them.

Edgar and or UT will never be a primary focus for recruits in Memphis. As TNVOLS1 said, he may be able to recruit kids not many have heard of, but Memphis is more nuts at basketball recruiting than it is with football. Truth be told, Memphis is trouble waiting to happen.

OTOH, Scott has been here in da "Ham for 3 years as an assistant to Mike Anderson. He is a very good coach and seems to have the Fulmer touch where recruiting is involved. He is a much better option that Benson. Benson may have been able to pull off TS and JG, but he brings a lot of riffraff to go along with this. If we are ever going to have a program that is capable of standing on iits own, Pearl, Jones, Edgar and Shay are the guys to do it.

Well I know alot of people wanted Anderson to take over for Buzz because of the great recruiting he did and could do in the Memphis area but Edgar is Anderson when it comes to recruiting so we got the best coach available in Pearl and the best recruiter available in Edgar...The vol nation should be estatic!

VN Store

Back