Why Our Return is Imminent

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...-2-questions-about-what-recruiting-class.html

2 questions about what this recruiting class means

07-18-2013, 09:12 PM

"I own IluvBJ's, but the mods won't let me use it. You will see success year one with Butch Jones. That man has the experience to know how to do it right. He has set up his coaches and assistants long ago and stuck with them for a long time. That consistency allowed them to jump into recruiting and conditioning. He could off load a lot of the responsibilities off to his assistants while he attended to more. It is his experience as a successful head coach that will make all the difference".

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...-2-questions-about-what-recruiting-class.html

2 questions about what this recruiting class means

07-18-2013, 09:12 PM

"I own IluvBJ's, but the mods won't let me use it. You will see success year one with Butch Jones. That man has the experience to know how to do it right. He has set up his coaches and assistants long ago and stuck with them for a long time. That consistency allowed them to jump into recruiting and conditioning. He could off load a lot of the responsibilities off to his assistants while he attended to more. It is his experience as a successful head coach that will make all the difference".

I gotta agree with this. A machine can only work right when all of the parts are working smoothly. There's been no real adjustment. No philosophy conferences, no decisions. They knew what they wanted to do. Only with a few coaches did they have any explaining to do. You can tell, this staff just blows it out of the water, and they all know what they are doing. The social media thing is huge, and I'm glad that our staff recognizes it.

My biggest hope is that we see results on the field immediately. And I think we will. I think that last year was so incredibly bad on defense, it will be easy to look good. And I think that the offensive style and speed will be a nice change, and something that will take the edge off of comparisons from last year's offense.

Can't wait for the season!

Man the article was great and then the video just gave me goosebumps. Volnation we're in good hands. I'm gonna enjoy the ride.

My favorite line from the article:
"By now, you wonder if Jay Graham and Tee Martin, who had a chance to join the staff, have spent any time second-guessing their decisions (not to be on the UT staff)..."

Reactions: 2 people
I agree about the DT situation. We have pretty good talent and depth at DE, but we are going to be in a pi$$-poor position at DT if we don't sign at least 2-3 behemoths in this class.

As for QB, I'd rather skip a year at QB, and use that scholly at DT. We are crowded at QB right now. Not to say that snagging a 5* would be out of the question....but we don't really need a QB in this class.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed , Nutt. I don't see much of a reason to be pushing for another QB prospect at this point. At least one of the ones on campus now is SEC material ( probably two). It is likely a matter of proper coaching ( and PT) at this point. However, we are in desperate need of quality bodies on the line(s) for our future.

I agree about the DT situation. We have pretty good talent and depth at DE, but we are going to be in a pi$$-poor position at DT if we don't sign at least 2-3 behemoths in this class.

As for QB, I'd rather skip a year at QB, and use that scholly at DT. We are crowded at QB right now. Not to say that snagging a 5* would be out of the question....but we don't really need a QB in this class.

Would be nice to see CBJ motivate and elevate Justin Worley to the gamer he was out of high school that got him "Gatorade Player of the Year." Then I think we could pull some real upsets...:dunno:

I totally agree. You don't win the SEC without top shelf D-Line talent.

VN Store

Back