Why Would Finebaum Do This To Bama Fans?

OldVol

If you go to this site you can see the infamous Phyllis. This is the obviously very poorly educated lady who Finebaum has chosen to represent the Bama fan base.

http://www.finebaum.com/2005SECMediaDays.html

This poor lady does not represent the masses of peoples in the state of Alabama.

Why would Finebaum do such and embarrassing thing?

He had this lady sitting at his table talking to media from across the nation.

I have heard from some of my Alabama friends and they just want to go bury their heads with embarrassment.

Does Finebaum not realize that when this story ends, and believe me it will end someday, he will be left with no credibility. The people of Alabama deserve better than this. All you have to do is attend a game at Bryant-Denny or in the old days at Legion Field, and you'll know right away that the majority of Bama fans are like the fans everywhere: Intelligent, as well educated as the rest of the country on average, and not representative of this lady.

This only deepens their hatred for Finebaum. Why would he so alienate his base?

When all is said and done, what Finebaum will be left with is exactly what Coach Fulmer said yesterday: TheWallow.

Ahhhh Phyllis... one of the guys at work was talking about her this morning and how horribly she portrays them (bammers). I tend to just laugh about it though. I take enough crap around here to fill a few 55 gallon drums.

Originally posted by rwemyss@Jul 28, 2005 11:55 AM
Ahhhh Phyllis... one of the guys at work was talking about her this morning and how horribly she portrays them (bammers).  I tend to just laugh about it though.  I take enough crap around here to fill a few 55 gallon drums.
[snapback]118813[/snapback]​

I take it by that you live in Alabama. How do they feel about Finebaum?

If a Tennessee radio personality were doing this I'd be calling for a boycott.

I think Finebaum is just another guy trying to make a buck by stirring the pot. He used to just push bammer's buttons all the time, but I think he decided that may eventually get him killed, so he changed his strategy.

Luckily I'm just here on an engineering co-op, back to K-town in two weeks!

From any of her foul mouthed rants, That ive listened to.
Sounds like maybe she has become his scape goat? Why else let her continue to waste his air-time?

Let the Bama fans deal with her, The perception she gives of a real Bama fan is fruity at best. :wacko:

I almost always end up laughing at Phyllis. Can't believe he took her to media day, but whatever.

Originally posted by OldVol@Jul 28, 2005 11:59 AM
I take it by that you live in Alabama. How do they feel about Finebaum?

If a Tennessee radio personality were doing this I'd be calling for a boycott.
[snapback]118815[/snapback]​

We really don't like Finebaum either. He's not consistant, and talks about fans from all schools like we are completely stupid, and don't know what he is doing. One day he will brag on Auburn and Tubberville, and the next he makes fun of them, and he does the same thing to Bama. He only took Phyllis, because he wanted to make fun of Bama, and that it would be a good joke. What is sad, is that she doesn't realize that he is making fun of her. She is just one of those women that is really hard around the edges, but her heart is in the right place. She is very passionate about her team. I wouldn't want to go anywhere with her, but I don't think that she needs to be made fun of like he is doing. The saddest thing about Finebaum is how he talks about Tennessee. I can not imagine ever putting down the university from which I earned my degree. Who does that? I love the University of Alabama no matter what. If we never win another football game, I will still support them, and pray for better, and remember the good ole days.

Originally posted by Bama My Heart@Jul 28, 2005 2:25 PM
The saddest thing about Finebaum is how he talks about Tennessee.  I can not imagine ever putting down the university from which I earned my degree.  Who does that?  I love the University of Alabama no matter what.  If we never win another football game, I will still support them, and pray for better, and remember the good ole days.
[snapback]118839[/snapback]​

Agreed. Him and Woddy Paige can both go jump off a cliff if you ask me. I dunno what it is about journalism majors at UT... oh wait... yeah I do, they're in JOURNALISM.

Originally posted by rwemyss@Jul 28, 2005 12:55 PM
Ahhhh Phyllis... one of the guys at work was talking about her this morning and how horribly she portrays them (bammers).  I tend to just laugh about it though.  I take enough crap around here to fill a few 55 gallon drums.
[snapback]118813[/snapback]​

Phyllis is the Bammer Poster Child.

Most Bama fans can't stand her.

Wonder if we can introduce her to small mike?

Originally posted by rwemyss@Jul 28, 2005 11:31 AM
Agreed.  Him and Woddy Paige can both go jump off a cliff if you ask me.  I dunno what it is about journalism majors at UT... oh wait... yeah I do, they're in JOURNALISM.
[snapback]118841[/snapback]​

Why Woody Paige? He always seems to speak well of Tennessee. On ESPN for crying out loud.

A couple of things. Phyliss is an actress, a plant so to speak. She isn't for real.

Did anyone hear Finebaum say a week or so back that Alabama fans are the stupidest fans in college football? It amazes me that these folks don't run him out of town like we did Al Browning. The line from Animal House "thank you sir may I have another" seems to apply to the Alabama fringe element group.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Jul 28, 2005 3:30 PM
A couple of things.  Phyliss is an actress, a plant so to speak.  She isn't for real. 

Did anyone hear Finebaum say a week or so back that Alabama fans are the stupidest fans in college football?  It amazes me that these folks don't run him out of town like we did Al Browning.  The line from Animal House "thank you sir may I have another" seems to apply to the Alabama fringe element group.
[snapback]118901[/snapback]​

I believe she is a very real person.

This lady was posting on bamaonline the other day.

It would take Holywood efforts to make this lady look more redneck than she is.

Are you certain she's an actress? I know many Bama fans who are under the impression the lady is for real.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 28, 2005 4:09 PM
Why Woody Paige? He always seems to speak well of Tennessee. On ESPN for crying out loud.
[snapback]118891[/snapback]​

I'd like to see what you've seen Milo, because every time I've seen him on ATH talking about the Vols it was in a bad light. I wouldn't say he DISLIKES the University, it seemed more like he was afraid of being called a homer by the other guys.

Originally posted by rwemyss@Jul 28, 2005 2:56 PM
I'd like to see what you've seen Milo, because every time I've seen him on ATH talking about the Vols it was in a bad light.  I wouldn't say he DISLIKES the University, it seemed more like he was afraid of being called a homer by the other guys.
[snapback]118923[/snapback]​

You get points taken away for locational bias. Jay Mariotti gets the mute for pimping anything in Chi-town, Cowlishaw gets the mute for pimping anything Dallas, Plaschke gets muted for pimping anything Los Angeles, etc.

I believe she is a very real person.

This lady was posting on bamaonline the other day.

It would take Holywood efforts to make this lady look more redneck than she is.

Are you certain she's an actress? I know many Bama fans who are under the impression the lady is for real.

Sorry, she is not real. She is a ficticious character. OF COURSE many Alabama fans think she's for real. They also think Shane from Robuck (or is it Center Point?) is for real too. Shane is actually related to Finebaum in some way. BTW, Phyl ain't from Mulga, neither. If she was from Mulga, you probably couldn't understand her. Mulga is the genetic cesspool of Alabama and that's saying something.

I suspected as much when I listened to one of Phyllis's rants on Finebaum's website and Finebaum was baiting her and telling her all Bama's troubles were HER fault and she just kept on blabbing.

The thing I loved most about the link is up in the corner. Look at the picture of his new book in the corner. He is wearing a houndstooth hat and drawing up plays. I am sorry but for someone that lived in bama for thirty years, that image is priceless. You can't hit any further below the belt than that. Would be like someone at the blackboard with an eraser re-writing Gen. Neyland's Maxims!!!

Jimmy

He'll get his, someday.

Edited to say that I am not threatening harm to Finebaum, I just know what goes around comes around.

VN Store

Back