Will full band (or pep band) go to Charlotte?

I hope the full band as well, but these neutral site / 'kick off classic' games are always weird in this aspect.
Sometimes the organizers don't want the full band as it takes up paying seats.
Other times they do want the full band as it gives a better half time experience to the paying fans and does look and sound better on TV.

So, yeah, it's just weird what ever the third party organizer / sponsor wants for this game.
If ticket sales have struggled, I could see asking for full band on both sides to help fill the stadium.

I have not heard either way though.

It’s just four hour drive. Young kids can handle that . They’ll sleep or smoke dope the whole way there and back.
Yes, the kids can handle it but it’s tough on those older bus drivers. I know they are probably used to weird hours but it still isn’t easy. Those students definitely will not be smoking dope or anything else of the sort.
Will they not be bussing to CLT Saturday morning? Long day!
Yes, they will bus over the day of. It’s a super long day that college students can handle easily. I just think about the late night for the bus drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: igotworms
Yes, the kids can handle it but it’s tough on those older bus drivers. I know they are probably used to weird hours but it still isn’t easy. Those students definitely will not be smoking dope or anything else of the sort.

Yes, they will bus over the day of. It’s a super long day that college students can handle easily. I just think about the late night for the bus drivers.
The drivers are super to get some sleep!! They are professional drivers with lives at stake!

Hopefully the full band. I don't care for neutral site games unless it's for the NC; but, I understand why we are doing it as it seems that we've been getting a lot of talented kids from NC lately.

All of the money that the school has and they can't put them up in a hotel and drive them back Sunday morning?
Academic departments always have to battle for funds and make tough decisions on how to spend them. Unless the funds are earmarked for the purpose, the music department has to decide whether to fund an away game or a competing option, like a couple of graduate students or several partial scholarships (I think most of the scholarships are through alumni donations, though). Every trip is hundreds of thousands of dollars.

VN Store

Back