Will this finally be the year?

Kevin81

I know that several of you along with myself have been waiting for this matchup since they divided the SEC and started the SEC Championship game back in 1992........

2005 SEC Championship game

Alabama vs. Tennessee

Bama has 9 of it's starting 11 on defense coming back, and if Brodie can stay healthy all season, it might just finally be the year.

I don't see Alabama being near LSU's level just yet talent and depth wise

Everyone is hyping us LSU........Im still not convinced!!! It will be either LSU or Bama. One will choke!!!!!

I don't want Bama to win the West, because I HATE Bama but I do think they will be there instead of LSU. LSU is too young and will be the one to choke. King, you better hope Croyle stays healthy because without him, you guys aren't as good as you could be. Brodie Croyle isn't the best QB in the SEC but he's not the worst. When he's out there, it seems like the Tide meshes together. I guess he gives them a sense of leadership. Oh well, I will be looking forward to an SEC Championship match up with you all or whoever it will be.

I would love to see the game, but I am not sure they have the horses, and I am not going to be so bold to state that we will be there either. Too many variables this year. However I would be thrilled to see it. Especially if we could beat them twice in one season, like they did to Florida under Gene Stallings.

You are absolutely right. In 1999. Sorry and Thanks duckman398686!

Update note: I stand corrected, it was ONLY Mike Dubose. I thought I remembered Gene Stallings doing it too, but I can find no record of it.

Oh gosh I gave them a credit for a win they did not have, I need to go wash my hands I feel dirty, then register on TideFans.com

I believe its very possible IMO. Talent wise i believe LSU beats Bama out.
But its SEC football......Gonna be a great year, unless your a SC fan.

Or Vanderbilt and Kentucky fans... I've heard they exist anyways.

If Bama stays healthy, they will compete for the West. If not, 3rd or 4th place. I would like Bama to win the west so we can beat them twice in a season.

Why the hell would anyone want bammer to win anyrhing? The toilet bowl...maybe :bammer:

I don't care if they win or lose outside of playing Tennessee. But because I like seeing the Vols beat them so much, I would like it to happen twice in one season. Comprende?

Hey orangetd88 I didn't think about that until I had posted the same exact topic on 2 seperate boards. :ermm:

Originally posted by King of Crimson@Jul 20, 2005 9:56 PM
Hey orangetd88 I didn't think about that until I had posted the same exact topic on 2 seperate boards. :ermm:
[snapback]116381[/snapback]​

:dlol:

i think it could be if brodie stays healthy and bama can limit the slips against lesser teams. i would welcome it. the more games we get with bama, the closer we get to tying and eventually over taking the all time lead.

I don't think I would enjoy that because these days I just look at the Bama game as "Man, do we really have to play them? Ok let's just go get it over with so we can get on with the season"

Besides that, I don't think it will happen, I see Bama at 7-4 best case scenario.

VN Store

Back