Will You Remember, The 21st Night of September....????

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
Cue Earth, Wind and Fire!

This Win was more than a Win. The coaching staff, whether intended or not, at some point decided to control the clock vs score every two minutes. This national stage was the biggest since our Win over Bama in '22. The coaches and team stepped up and never flinched. We played well on both sides of the ball with the edge surprisingly going to our stout DEFENSE. Whodathunkit?? Kudos to the Sooners for limiting our powerful running game - didn't see that one coming, did you? And who'd have predicted that flopping would be a word uttered on our telecast, let alone support from the broadcasters? And man, talk about getting the proverbial monkey off our back, how bout our first Road Win vs a Top 15 opponent since the days that George W. Bush occupied the White House? Oh, and when was the last time our team presented our coach with a game ball on the last play of the game? And how bout our awesome Head Coach keeping his focus on a Win for the team when you know deep inside he would have done just about anything to walk out of Norman with a W!?

I for sure will remember the 21st Night of September for the rest of my time here on terra firma. Am so darn proud of Coach Heupel, Tim Banks and the rest of the staff for recruiting and molding these players into a team that all UT (University of Tennessee!!!) fans can be proud of! Go Vols!!

1727019044941.png

Last night was probably a must win night in terms of a playoff birth or better. That's hard to image, but beating a top 15 team in their house really helps. I'll remember for sure, Norman is a tough place to play for anyone, usually. The Vols were going through the motions on offense a lot last night and just seemed in control most of the way.

Last night was probably a must win night in terms of a playoff birth or better. That's hard to image, but beating a top 15 team in their house really helps. I'll remember for sure, Norman is a tough place to play for anyone, usually. The Vols were going through the motions on offense a lot last night and just seemed in control most of the way.
The sideline reporter (Holly?) said that the decibel level was 117 last night, and that was a record for her. Think 115 occurred somewhere last year but, I agree with you that playing in that environment is tough for anyone - college or pro players

Yes and I still remember the back-to-back losses to OU in 2014 and 2015. I have to say, for the most part, OU fans were awesome. They were pleasant, complementary, and cordial. Not the same with other SEC teams.

This is why I said in the Friday night chat why this was the first time in a long time I was truly excited about going into one of these big games on the road. You can just feel the momentum of this program.

Anyone have a vid of our player planting the flag on their 50 since OU did it to us last time

VN Store

Back