Willie Martinez contract question

supersmo18

#1 Orange-Lister
I had seen it mentioned quite some time ago that he was the only coach to not have a renewed contact, but I haven’t seen anything in quite some time about it. Anyone know or have more speculation on what’s gonna happen with him next season?

I had seen it mentioned quite some time ago that he was the only coach to not have a renewed contact, but I haven’t seen anything in quite some time about it. Anyone know or have more speculation on what’s gonna happen with him next season?
I think it’s pretty much a done deal that he’s coming back we just haven’t heard details on his extension. Nothing has been announced formally. Heupel and him were instrumental in landing the kid from Oregon State. There was talk of retirement after this year last season but I think he decided to stick around. People have raised hell about him but banks and him both had voids of talent in the secondary. He’s one of the better recruiters on staff and right now we really need that. If he moves on we have his replacement likely already on staff.

We can only hope he doesn't come back.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
VQ thinks he’s coming back and that the new deal just hasn’t been announced yet

Reactions: DaddyChad
The Tennessee defense played well today, however, they were playing a horrible offensive team, often times the big orange spin machine overlooks little things like that, particularly an Iowa offense that scored half as many points as Tennessee did this year with the Tennessee offense sputtering most of the season behind poor decisioning and inconsistent quarterback play.

For Tennessee to be a playoff team next year, it will need to be 10-2, 8-4 next year will be a one way ticket to the Music City Bowl.

The Tennessee defense played well today, however, they were playing a horrible offensive team, often times the big orange spin machine overlooks little things like that, particularly an Iowa offense that scored half as many points as Tennessee did this year with the Tennessee offense sputtering most of the season behind poor decisioning and inconsistent quarterback play.

For Tennessee to be a playoff team next year, it will need to be 10-2, 8-4 next year will be a one way ticket to the Music City Bowl.

Weird response.

If they renew him, we will never win a conference title.

So we can't win a conference title because of a position coach who has won a conference title in his exact same role previously?

I'll take BS for 1000, Alex.

Reactions: bpalmer28
So we can't win a conference title because of a position coach who has won a conference title in his exact same role previously?

I'll take BS for 1000, Alex.
Technically he also won it as a DC while at Georgia. Our fans usually don’t even realize what the coaches they’re talking about history’s are.

VN Store

Back