Willie Mays

I just read a bio on Henry Aaron that was not all that positive about Mays and his self promotion.

But we have to admit, Willie played over half his career games at 2 of the worst hitters parks in the mlb. His numbers would be FAR higher otherwise

I just read a bio on Henry Aaron that was not all that positive about Mays and his self promotion.

But we have to admit, Willie played over half his career games at 2 of the worst hitters parks in the mlb. His numbers would be FAR higher otherwise

I remember watching the Braves play SF at Candlestick. Seems like the Wind was always blowing 40mph. The fans were dressed for fall temperatures in June.

I'm sure pitchers loved that place though 😆

As a Braves fan I am biased towards Hank Aaron but I always love watching Willie Mays highlights. One of the best to ever do it. I wasn’t even thought of whenever he was playing but growing up all my coaches made sure we knew and respected the greats. Baseball is the longest lasting American sport with a rich tradition and history, and boy is it a wonderful history to learn about. My favorite sport and my first true love. Willie was the last living great of the game. Today is a very sad day for me as a fan of the game.

As a Braves fan I am biased towards Hank Aaron but I always love watching Willie Mays highlights. One of the best to ever do it. I wasn’t even thought of whenever he was playing but growing up all my coaches made sure we knew and respected the greats. Baseball is the longest lasting American sport with a rich tradition and history, and boy is it a wonderful history to learn about. My favorite sport and my first true love. Willie was the last living great of the game. Today is a very sad day for me as a fan of the game.
1000000713.jpg

I really hope the CWS does some kind of video tribute for him to show some of the younger fans in attendance what he was about. The CWS is a celebration of baseball and even though he didn’t play collegiately, you cannot tell the story about the game of baseball without Willie Mays. Would be really cool if they can do something to honor him in some form or fashion.

I really hope the CWS does some kind of video tribute for him to show some of the younger fans in attendance what he was about. The CWS is a celebration of baseball and even though he didn’t play collegiately, you cannot tell the story about the game of baseball without Willie Mays. Would be really cool if they can do something to honor him in some form or fashion.

I bet they do.

Baseball is my favorite sport as well. The history means so much. Records are well known and revered.

I don’t remember watching him play, but I do remember having his baseball cards as a kid, and the one with him in a Mets uni seemed wrong.

Some of my favorite baseball players were before my time, including Mr. Mays. That is one of the great things about baseball.

I saw him often at Giants games along with McCovey, another favorite. This one is affecting me.

And by the way, I still have the SI 715 and beyond I got 40 years ago. And I have an Aaron autographed bat.

Baseball is my favorite sport as well. The history means so much. Records are well known and revered.

I don’t remember watching him play, but I do remember having his baseball cards as a kid, and the one with him in a Mets uni seemed wrong.

Some of my favorite baseball players were before my time, including Mr. Mays. That is one of the great things about baseball.

I saw him often at Giants games along with McCovey, another favorite. This one is affecting me.

And by the way, I still have the SI 715 and beyond I got 40 years ago. And I have an Aaron autographed bat.
well said.

VN Store

Back