With some games still outstanding

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
I'm going to assume an Arkansas win, an Ole Miss/Alabama rainout. An Auburn win. A Vanderbilt win.

Attachments

• standings_051610.xls
    25 KB · Views: 11
South Carolina came back and won. They swept Arkansas to just about sew up a national seed. (Top 8)

Kentucky swept a reeling LSU team who closes out at home next week against Miss State.

Alabama and Ole Miss are still trying to start the game back. They MUST start by 5:45 CDT or SEC rules will prevent the restart. Ole Miss has a runner on 1st with one out in the 7th inning.

The Vols need this game rained out or Ole Miss to win. (I think)

If Ole Miss wins, there will be a 3 way tie for west division title with Auburn and Ole Miss playing next week and Arkansas playing Vanderbilt.

What I thought was a weak SEC in 2010 is now turning into the most powerful this conference has ever been.

Ten teams in regional play is not out of the question as other conferences (CUSA, Big 12) have really stunk it up.

There could be 6-7 teams hosting.

The defending national champion may not qualify for conference tourney.
A team that was in national title series 2 seasons prior has only 3 wins! (was in CWS last season too)

There could be 10 SEC teams in the RPI top 50.

Doesn't matter that Bama won this game today...we have to beat them 2/3...if we don't it doesn't make a difference...even if they lost today they could overtake us with a series win over us because of them having the tiebreaker

This is what I think happens...Vols win 2/3 against Bama....but UK sweeps UGA and LSU beats MS State 2/3...Vols miss out on Hoover but get an at-large bid....it's really all LSU's fault haha....the 9-3 lead they blew on Friday may really come back to haunt us in regards to making Hoover

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to think anymore. I cannot believe LSU blew 2 games in the fashion they did this weekend.

Like I've said all along, that State series may come back to bite us. I'd feel a whole lot better if we were a game up going into this weekend.

they were intimidated by Auburn. Our offense stunk. Gruver, Morgado, Catapano gave us nothing. Why didn't he put in Ramsey in the 2nd with bases loaded and 1 out down 2-0. No he saved him for the bottom of 7th and we were only down 9-2. A team with so much to play for sucked badly these last 2 days and I will go out on a limb and say they will not make Hoover and will not beat Bama this coming weekend.

I think you're right about the intimidation factor as our pitchers were probably scared of Auburn's hitting...very good point about Ramsey...he should've came in during that situation

I know it's the Monday Morning QB position but Ramsey SHOULD have started the game...try to keep it close for the first 3 or 4 innings and then see how the game goes...Raleigh should've realized that our Sunday pitchers couldn't keep it close for 7 innings and then put in Ramsey

How about Morgado this year? 2-7 with a 7.43 ERA....PATHETIC

Last edited:
Think about how bad the pitching would be without McCray...other than him and Ramsey we don't have a pitcher with more than 20 innings with an ERA below 5

would liked to have seen HOchevar, Walden and Steckenrider get more work this year. Locante brings nothing- walks too many batters. Leffler pitched Ok for stretches but not great stuff. Cyrch, Ramsey and McCray are the only 3 pitchers who even give us a chance to win.

The disaster scenario I mentioned before this week may come true...the Vols finish strong but don't make the postseason...Hamilton thinks a strong finish is signs of improvement for Raleigh and he gets another year....that would be tragic

The disaster scenario I mentioned before this week may come true...the Vols finish strong but don't make the postseason...Hamilton thinks a strong finish is signs of improvement for Raleigh and he gets another year....that would be tragic

As usual, you are a bright ray of sunshine. Not only is your glass half-empty, it has a hole in it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

would liked to have seen HOchevar, Walden and Steckenrider get more work this year. Locante brings nothing- walks too many batters. Leffler pitched Ok for stretches but not great stuff. Cyrch, Ramsey and McCray are the only 3 pitchers who even give us a chance to win.

Do you watch the games ..actually go to them or just go by scores and what you read or hear. The Saturday loss 18-0 was because we couldnt hit the ball to save our lives the score could have been 1-0 the result the same.. yesterdays loss the same Lilles was 0-7 or 0-8 the entire weekend, the outfield was looking lazy not making catches they normally would slow off the ball, when we hit it was directly to people..there is much more to it than just pitching ..although important.. we need both to win pitching and hitting.. that was evidenced by Ramseys outing in Georgia.. because we had great run support after his poor outing we still won the Sunday game. Pitching and Hitting (run support must be there)!!!!!!!!!

what I mean is that even if our pitching and defense would have held them to 1 run we would have lost anyway because our run support was non exisitant.

what I mean is that even if our pitching and defense would have held them to 1 run we would have lost anyway because our run support was non exisitant.

You said it yourself, we hit the ball right at people. You blaming the offense is just as pointless as tallyvol blaming the bullpen. Auburn is one of the best hitting teams in the country. They aren't ranked 18th for nothing. It's baseball, just when you think things are going well, BANG!
GO VOLS!!! BEAT BAMA!!!

You said it yourself, we hit the ball right at people. You blaming the offense is just as pointless as tallyvol blaming the bullpen. Auburn is one of the best hitting teams in the country. They aren't ranked 18th for nothing. It's baseball, just when you think things are going well, BANG!
GO VOLS!!! BEAT BAMA!!!

It is a concerted effort you can only have wins against a team like this if we are firing on all 8 cylinders... you are right..but I am not really blaming it all on offense .. but you cant win games without runs is my point.. its in the past.. now they must kick BAMA butt!! hope they do it. Go Vols!!

VN Store

Back