Worley is scared

big harry

to get hit the second the ball is snapped. Is it just me? He doesn't seem to be able to concentrate down the field from anxiety. His foot work and accuracy are terrible because of it. He already couldn't perform the scrambling part of the play book, now he can't throw. Peterman's body language was way different when he came in. I definitely believe in our coaches and appreciate them giving Worley a fair shot under the lights, but because their good at their jobs look for a new starter for Florida. If not, Worley will at least have a really short leash. Our QB can't be scared. That's infectious. GO BIG ORANGE. Lets regroup and beat Florida.:clapping:

to get hit the second the ball is snapped. Is it just me? He doesn't seem to be able to concentrate down the field from anxiety. His foot work and accuracy are terrible because of it. He already couldn't perform the scrambling part of the play book, now he can't throw. Peterman's body language was way different when he came in. I definitely believe in our coaches and appreciate them giving Worley a fair shot under the lights, but because their good at their jobs look for a new starter for Florida. If not, Worley will at least have a really short leash. Our QB can't be scared. That's infectious. GO BIG ORANGE. Lets regroup and beat Florida.:clapping:

If it were me I would start Peterman Saturday. However, it isn't me and I was was a lousy football coach when I had the chance, so I guess I will shut up and trust the coaches.

Fortunately, Florida is having QB troubles too, so if our D can pressure Driskel and shut down the run, we can likely wear them down with our run game if we can run North/South.

worley can't even hit wide open receivers with no pressure. he has no business being on the field again.

Reactions: 5 people
I did not buy the APSU game but listening on the radio Peterman didn't sound like he played that great in the second half and we only scored 3 points. He did look decent yesterday but for people who watched him against peay, how did he look?

I'm not going to jump on Worley's case this early but I will say that it sure seems that a mobile QB sure opens up a lot of options for you in the college game (and the pro game is changing somewhat as well). After watching what Mariota was able to do to us, I watched SC's Shaw run all over Vandy. Of course, Manziel did the same to Bama. If Worley had a strong arm, his lack of mobility would not be so noticeable.

Bama's McCarron isn't that mobile but he does roll out well enough to find the open man in the flats consistently. That might be something Worley can add to his limited arsenal at this point.

Finally, I would have liked to have seen us throwing a lot more 4 & 5 yard passes on 1st down and then running on 2nd down. We had so many 4th and short situations, where we elected to punt as a result of incomplete passes on first down, which were then followed by short passes on 2nd or 3rd downs. Really frustrating to see how predictable we were.

He needs to get laid

Got a like for that one bro. I live in Charlotte (unfortunately) Seymour TN is my real home. That being said I have watched Worley and Ferguson both in HS....Ferguson is a beast. The only reason I have any reservations about starting him against Gators is a bad loss can hurt a true freshmans confidence and really mess them up long term if they're not thick skinned. Riley will be the starter by the end of the season IMO. GBO VFL HUBAN

Reactions: 2 people
If one has 4 QBs to choose from, and he chooses Josh Dobbs to imitate Mariota, perhaps there is something to be learned from that.

Reactions: 1 person
Got a like for that one bro. I live in Charlotte (unfortunately) Seymour TN is my real home. That being said I have watched Worley and Ferguson both in HS....Ferguson is a beast. The only reason I have any reservations about starting him against Gators is a bad loss can hurt a true freshmans confidence and really mess them up long term if they're not thick skinned. Riley will be the starter by the end of the season IMO. GBO VFL HUBAN

Ainge agrees with you.

Worley lacks accuracy, arm strength, foot speed (no threat to run read-option) and getting the ball out on time for starters.

We know this after a quarter of our season has now been played, he is not the long-term answer at the QB position for CBJ's offense. :mf_surrender:

Reactions: 2 people
Worley wasn't recruited by this coaching staff. Even so, to make a square peg fit in a round hole like this is not working. I'd say you have to consider Peterman strongly in Game 4 at the Swamp.Worley is not a mobile nor is he a vertical threat. Teams are going to do exactly what Oregon did last night---drop eight and rush three and dare us to beat them throwing and they will keep doing it until Worley shows he's capable of winning one on one matchups with his arm.

The thread should be titled Worley is garbage! He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Why do we continue to run him out there? He can't make the throws a QB must make to win games. Cut and dry to the point. Don't agree w/him being the starter and I won't support him after yesterday anymore. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't even deserve that anymore

Worley is terrible just that simple. If he continues to play we continue to get blown out.

completely agree. we have 0% chance of pulling an upset with worley at the helm. he is averaging ~125 passing yards a game. i think that alone is enough.

It appears that the mobile qb is the best option in college football. It's automatically another rb. I would like to see Dobbs get some reps. Hell, take our lumps this year and maybe the next year but have a veteran team his junior year. Anyone that says they expected what happened yesterday, then you obviously don't remember the TN I remember. The past seven years are not the norm for this once proud program. I never expect a beat down. It might happen but that is not the norm until recently.

I did not buy the APSU game but listening on the radio Peterman didn't sound like he played that great in the second half and we only scored 3 points. He did look decent yesterday but for people who watched him against peay, how did he look?

Rough but hard to tell because all we saw that whole game was option read hand offs the whole game. Who would've thought? He had back up o-line in and there was a serious drop off in the lines.

I don't blame him, I'm scared too, I'm scared we don't score over 10 at Florida, I'm scared we lose again to Vandy, Missou, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and yes, even to Kentucky.....it's a scary time for UT football....scary, scary, did I mention it's a scary time for UT Football

VN Store

Back