Worley's Recruitment

Johnny Majors' Ghost

Legionnaire of the Miserable
I remember him being the Gatorade player of the year, but am I wrong in that I do not believe he was recruited heavily by several of the bigger programs? Maybe now we are beginning to find out why. I know he probably had a solid offer list but not one that a player with his credentials usually has.

I remember him being the Gatorade player of the year, but am I wrong in that I do not believe he was recruited heavily by several of the bigger programs? Maybe now we are beginning to find out why. I know he probably had a solid offer list but not one that a player with his credentials usually has.

There was fear that he was just a "System" QB. I think those fears were accurate. He seems to be fine in the little passes (most time), but doesn't have the arm strength to get it down the field, and to hit receivers downfield.

Given the fact that neither LSU nor FL have had good quarterbacks here lately, it's really not.

They haven't recruited superstars there lately.

He did have an offer from David Shaw and Stanford. That gives him some validity but I just don't think he is panning out. Which is painful because a solid QB could prove wonders for our season.

Given the fact that neither LSU nor FL have had good quarterbacks here lately, it's really not.

They haven't recruited superstars there lately.

Seems that qb play as a whole the past couple of years in the SEC has been a notch above mediocre. Some exceptions of course, Manziel, Newton and McCarron.

South Carolina and Clemson didn't want him and he was in state... says a lot

Pretty sure the same was true for all of our QBs.

Dobbs was not offered by UGA or GT.

Ferguson was not offered by UNC or NCSt or even Duke

Peterman, not by UF FSU, UCF, South Florida. However, Florida International made a strong push.

So, if that's the standard, we are screwed.

Reactions: 1 person
Seems that qb play as a whole the past couple of years in the SEC has been a notch above mediocre. Some exceptions of course, Manziel, Newton and McCarron.

It's true. I think the reason is, more and more high schools are becoming spread offenses that focus more on running and short passes, and arm strength is not as much an ability that is desired as much as mobility, accuracy and speed. Manziel, Newton, and McCarron all have the ability to make any throw in a game. But at the same time, they possess the afore things mentioned.

We're just not seeing many QB's like Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Eli Manning anymore. True pocket passers that can pick a defense apart. Haven't seen one of those in a while. They still work effectively, but people don't have the time and ability to mold them like they used to. At least in my opinion.

What lets me have doudts in his abilities is that he shined during the M.T.S.U. game, when Bray was out with a broken thumb, but he played really, really badly against the other two teams that he started in.

Also, when I see receivers that are open but he can't get the ball to them, then I know it is his arm strength.

Keep Worley in for the Florida game, but start Peterman during the South Ala bam game....

Give Peterman a chance. If he can't do any better than Worley start taking off redshirts until you find someone who can. If Worley is the best we've got then were not going bowling this year.

not gonna kick the kid while hes down, wasnt he recruited to play in pro style offense?

hes not suited for this offense tho

I can't believe no one addressed the true reason for his stellar high school career....he was throwing to Cordarrelle Patterson.

Reactions: 1 person
Wouldn't ya think that the coaching staff would see by now that Worley does not have the arm strength to complete most passes ?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back