WOW- Read

titanvolsfan1

A Texas Pee Wee football league has ruled that a 300-pound seventh-grader is too big to play, according to Dallas-Fort Worth television station KDFW Fox 4's website.

Elijah Earnhardt, 12, was informed this past weekend by the Mesquite Pee Wee Football Association that he is not allowed to play in the league, according to the report posted on MyFoxDFW.com.

The league's rule is that any seventh-grader weighing more than 135 pounds is barred and must play in his school's league, according to the report.

But Earnhardt, who is more than 6 feet tall, and his mother, Cindy, told the website that they still are pushing for admission into the league.

"I don't want to play in school right now because it's people that's had experience and I want to get some experience first and then start playing," Elijah Earnhardt told the website. "I just want to play because my teammates are my friends -- I know them. I don't want to go play for somebody else I don't know."

Cindy Earnhardt told MyFoxDFW.com that she plans to pro

With his size, he'd get by just fine with no experience playing for his middle school.
Yep... I've seen people who didn't start until their freshman year and turn out fine. He'll have no problem getting all the time on the field he needs to develop into a solid player, at that size.

This is pretty common. Lots of sports leagues have limits on weight as well as age. My son's best friend was 6' and about 320 in the 7th grade. His brother played for Ohio State so there is a lot of genetics involved, not to mention his mom is a great cook! Considering he was more than 3x the size of the smallest player on the boys club football team it was a good thing he played 7 v 7 down in Baltimore instead.

This is pretty common. Lots of sports leagues have limits on weight as well as age. My son's best friend was 6' and about 320 in the 7th grade. His brother played for Ohio State so there is a lot of genetics involved, not to mention his mom is a great cook! Considering he was more than 3x the size of the smallest player on the boys club football team it was a good thing he played 7 v 7 down in Baltimore instead.
I've got a nephew who is a behemoth in his own right, they've had him playing a league up since he was in third grade. Word is he may get to start at Ben Davis in Indianapolis by his freshman year.

Yep... I've seen people who didn't start until their freshman year and turn out fine. He'll have no problem getting all the time on the field he needs to develop into a solid player, at that size.

That was me, but it took me a year to feel comfortable. I didn't get much of a shot on my freshman squad, but started on varsity 3 years later.

That was me, but it took me a year to feel comfortable. I didn't get much of a shot on my freshman squad, but started on varsity 3 years later.
Hs coaches tend to be partial to kids who came up through the youth leagues but kids who work hard enough or have natural athleticism can make their own shot

I started football my frosh year and lettered 3 years by the time I graduated. The game of football is not hard to learn if you are patient and are coachable.

I've got a 7th grader plating at 99 lbs. If that kid fell on P.Nut, Nut would be killed .

VN Store

Back