WRs behind the pace?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Do any of you think our WR's are a little behind at this point? I am in no way saying we have a lack of talent at that position, just maybe under performing at this point. It concerns me that Fulmer mentioned the lack of a deep ball threat. He also mentioned that he was hoping one of the new guys would step up. Add to that the fact that several guys seem to be banged up and Meach has reportedly been dropping some easy balls.........???

Yeah I think he needs to pull them all in a room and ***** Smack them untill they get there heads on striaght. But I will say the lack of a deep threat could be because of the fact they have jason allen covering them.

Well, I think that it was Meachem who was talking about how they have the chance to be the best collective WR corps in the country. He must be basing that on something.....at least, I hope he is. I think that the deep balls will come. They are still knocking off the rust at this point I guess.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Aug 12, 2005 11:52 PM
Well, I think that it was Meachem who was talking about how they have the chance to be the best collective WR corps in the country.  He must be basing that on something.....at least, I hope he is.  I think that the deep balls will come.  They are still knocking off the rust at this point I guess.
[snapback]126069[/snapback]​

Yeah that is true. Well Milo said that Ainge can throw some blistering balls. Myabe Ainge needs to hold back a bit and stop hurting our recivers hands. But in all honesty tommorrow will explain alot. I just hope our recivers make some nice catches in tommorrows scrimage.

What can I say, Ainge has a crazy strong arm. He has a 90mph fastball, and that's with bad pitching form.

The WR's have been a little banged up or held back so far. With the Ankles, knees and Hamstrings it's not unusual to ake a couple of weeks or so to for their bodies to get healed up and in sync. They'll do better next week than they did this week

Remember, also, I doubt Fulmer is trying to reveal ALL of our weapons at this point. Underplaying the receivers might just open up a "First Strike" reminiscent of Peyton's dismantling of the Bama team in the mid-90's.

I agree with you. I think Phil is just poor mouthing a bit. I think our recievers will be as good a group in recent memory. Fulmer and Sanders justdidn't have the confidence in the QBs to turn them loose. That shoul d change this year.

I agree kiddiedoc.

I think this bunch is the best we've ever had when you look at the total package.

When we put 4 wideouts in, who would you key on if you're a DC?

There's great talent top to bottom and this will be a great year for the passing game.

This may be the year that our run game opens up the passing game. It usually is the other way around, but if our line can stay healthy, and Riggs is up to form, we could be so good on the ground that the passing game will greatly benefit from it.

VN Store

Back