Yahoo on Vols vs. Ducks

Pretty neutral and unbiased article. Good read and deeper look rather than the typical doom and gloom of most sports writers predictions of UT at Oregon.

Reactions: 4 people
Good read. If our defense can force a few turnovers, and our penalty count stays low, we might actually have a fighting chance.

Good read. If our defense can force a few turnovers, and our penalty count stays low, we might actually have a fighting chance.

I sure hope so. I'm looking to make a call out thread after one of the next two games for 99gator based on my signature line below.... :)

College Football Rankings 2011: The 15 Loudest Stadiums in the Nation | Bleacher Report

Neyland #12
Autzen #2
UW Huskie Stadium #1. That is 2 PAC-12 Stadiums at the top. I have been to all 3 as well as BHG Stadium at UF.
Dont get me wrong, all were loud but Autzen with the right game is what feels like jet engine loud.
Highest decibel record at Autzen was 127.2

"Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It’s louder than any place I’ve ever been, and that includes The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die."

Do not underestimate this home field. Teams that don't get affected have more then a O and D line. They have skill players who can make plays and do not lack discipline.

Anyways, hope to buy a lot of beers for the Vol fans I meet on Saturday....
I just hope for a good game.

Biggest break for UT is I dont think school is in session until 9/30 so not a lot of rowdy students, just a bunch of donors drinking chardonnay:crazy:

Last edited:
Not too surprised to see decent articles about Vols on Yahoo as I have read several good articles on Yahoo.

College Football Rankings 2011: The 15 Loudest Stadiums in the Nation | Bleacher Report

Neyland #12
Autzen #2
UW Huskie Stadium #1. That is 2 PAC-12 Stadiums at the top. I have been to all 3 as well as BHG Stadium at UF.
Dont get me wrong, all were loud but Autzen with the right game is what feels like jet engine loud.
Highest decibel record at Autzen was 127.2

"Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It’s louder than any place I’ve ever been, and that includes The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die."

Do not underestimate this home field. Teams that don't get affected have more then a O and D line. They have skill players who can make plays and do not lack discipline.

Anyways, hope to buy a lot of beers for the Vol fans I meet on Saturday....
I just hope for a good game.

Biggest break for UT is I dont think school is in session until 9/30 so not a lot of rowdy students, just a bunch of donors drinking chardonnay:crazy:

Nice post! Welcome Duck!

Best quote: "NCAA records indicate that's the first time that a team has forced turnovers on four consecutive defensive plays" when discussing the defensive explosion resulting in 31 points in 2:29.

Yahoo LOVES US!! :crazy: :clapping: :zeitung_lesen:

VN Store

Back