Yep Houston is the better Pass Blocker Alright

Looked like Houston and somebody else blew assignments. Shaeffer had 2 guys hitting him on a 3 step drop?!? :shakehead:

Tough to get too down on Houston though, he is running with some serious authority. :good:

Thing is tho he does against non-SEC teams but his production drops off alot against SEC competition.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Sep 6, 2004 4:39 AM
Houston will probably undergo surgery, again.

Looking like he will only be out 2-3 weeks. Guess it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Larkins/Riggs need to step up big time against Florida. Gotta pound their a*ses into the ground! :D

Originally posted by SyracuseVol@Sep 6, 2004 1:36 PM
Larkins/Riggs need to step up big time against Florida. Gotta pound their a*ses into the ground! :D

And Davis may even get some PT. He has played well against the Gators in the past.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Sep 6, 2004 12:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Sep 6, 2004 12:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SyracuseVol@Sep 6, 2004 1:36 PM
Larkins/Riggs need to step up big time against Florida. Gotta pound their a*ses into the ground&#33;  :D

And Davis may even get some PT. He has played well against the Gators in the past. [/quote]
True... hasn&#39;t he been relegated to more of a short yardage back though?

Not if he keeps running like he did last night. I think so far Trooper has made a difference with the RB&#39;s, They looked better last night than they did all of last year.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Sep 6, 2004 1:47 PM
Not if he keeps running like he did last night. I think so far Trooper has made a difference with the RB&#39;s, They looked better last night than they did all of last year.

The were on a mission. They had more fire than we saw last year. I agree that Trooper has done a fine job.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Sep 6, 2004 1:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Sep 6, 2004 1:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TNVOLS1@Sep 6, 2004 1:47 PM

The were on a mission. They had more fire than we saw last year. I agree that Trooper has done a fine job. [/quote]
Nice to see our guys delivering the blows for a change. Even when plays got blown up in the backfield, you could tell our guys were really twisting and fighting for every inch.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Sep 5, 2004 8:16 PM
That Fumble was caused by a Houston missed block

That&#39;s a tough call to blame on Houston. Two guys were coming in untouched and while he shoud have taken the inside guy, I think the outside guy was a step ahead and Houston probably saw him first. Not sure anyone could have done much in that situation.

Your taught inside out on pass protection reguardless. It is a fast rule.

Trooper is the man...did you see him coaching the D-fense? That man has the pepper and he brought to our running backs&#33; :cool: :pepper: :pepper:

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 6, 2004 10:42 PM
Trooper is the man...did you see him coaching the D-fense? That man has the pepper and he brought to our running backs&#33; :cool: :pepper: :pepper:

I saw him gettin on Hefney after he got that personal foul.

Anybody wanna guess how many 100 yard games Houston has had in his career?

(No cheating :D ).

VN Store

Back