"You Are In Defiance Of Congress": Rand Paul Grills SBA Administrator About Planned Parenthood

Someone has watched too many bad lawyer TV shows. There are much better ways to do what he's saying, and he sucks at what he's trying to do underneath.

Even though I fully agree that PP should not receive PPP funds, the senator from Kentucky irks me so much I kinda want to donate to PP out of spite.

Someone has watched too many bad lawyer TV shows. There are much better ways to do what he's saying, and he sucks at what he's trying to do underneath.

Even though I fully agree that PP should not receive PPP funds, the senator from Kentucky irks me so much I kinda want to donate to PP out of spite.
And you can do so on your own. The problem starts when you require all taxpayers to do so without consent.

Last edited:

Irks you? He is the closest thing to sanity in that wretched building.

I don't get the problem with the questioning? How else should he get to the point?

In the bigger picture, this shows the problem with agencies being able to largely write their own specifics to the broad rules that govern them. Congress is incapable of true oversight and with each passing administration the agencies grow both in number and scope.

What was your issue with his line of questioning? Guzman was being deceptive and obtuse.

What was your issue with his line of questioning? Guzman was being deceptive and obtuse.

Guzman was following the letter of the law; she knew what she could and could not say, seeing as how it was a public hearing. She told him that several times, and he continued to try and bait her knowing the consequences if she slipped.

Feds Give Planned Parenthood Millions in Pandemic Relief After Ruling it Ineligible for Gov’t Aid

Abortion giant has received $100 million in small business loans

The Biden administration used the COVID relief package to give tens of millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood even after the federal government determined the billion-dollar abortion provider was ineligible for the program.

The Small Business Administration has given $23 million to 10 Planned Parenthood affiliates in 2021 through the Paycheck Protection Program. The agency sent those payments even though it ruled Planned Parenthood did not qualify for the funding, which was designed to aid small businesses dealing with government shutdowns and the coronavirus pandemic.

SBA, which did not respond to requests for comment, had previously ordered the nation's top abortion provider to return $80 million in taxpayer-backed PPP funds. The agency has not provided evidence that those funds were returned by any of the 37 Planned Parenthood affiliates that cashed the checks in 2020.

Sen. Rand Paul (R., Ky.) said the agency is ignoring its own ruling—which held that affiliates of organizations with more than 500 employees are ineligible for PPP—to reward a political ally.

Feds Give Planned Parenthood Millions in Pandemic Relief After Ruling it Ineligible for Gov't Aid

Feds Give Planned Parenthood Millions in Pandemic Relief After Ruling it Ineligible for Gov’t Aid

The Biden administration used the COVID relief package to give tens of millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood even after the federal government determined the billion-dollar abortion provider was ineligible for the program.

The Small Business Administration has given $23 million to 10 Planned Parenthood affiliates in 2021 through the Paycheck Protection Program. The agency sent those payments even though it ruled Planned Parenthood did not qualify for the funding, which was designed to aid small businesses dealing with government shutdowns and the coronavirus pandemic.

SBA, which did not respond to requests for comment, had previously ordered the nation's top abortion provider to return $80 million in taxpayer-backed PPP funds. The agency has not provided evidence that those funds were returned by any of the 37 Planned Parenthood affiliates that cashed the checks in 2020.

Sen. Rand Paul (R., Ky.) said the agency is ignoring its own ruling—which held that affiliates of organizations with more than 500 employees are ineligible for PPP—to reward a political ally.

Feds Give Planned Parenthood Millions in Pandemic Relief After Ruling it Ineligible for Gov't Aid

Another abomination by this administration. They are either complicit or naive and neither are good.

See why many of us are calling our government "theater"? From the Paul stuff in May to the 100M in Sept, it's all just a show. There are no standards. Just exhibitions.

Why does Rand Paul irk you?

Reactions: BreatheUT
Being yelled at by Rand Paul means you are doing something right. Being yelled at by Cruz or Graham means you are at the height of your profession.

And you can do so on your own. The problem starts when you require all taxpayers to do so without consent.

Oh well, that would work. Let's have the citizens vote on every line item in the budget and only fund the ones a majority of Americans approve of. At least we would have been out of Afghanistan 15 years ago.

That ballot would be about 1000 pages.

Can see you're into practical solutions.

Oh well, that would work. Let's have the citizens vote on every line item in the budget and only fund the ones a majority of Americans approve of. At least we would have been out of Afghanistan 15 years ago.

That ballot would be about 1000 pages.

Can see you're into practical solutions.
End Fed Funding for PP and it gets practical. Don't make more out of a post that is there. You look ridiculous.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back