You Make The Call

surrealvol

Alright, back to football for a bit. Give your starting lineup, with the exception of the special teams for the opener against UAB. Position by position.

I know some of you do not know some of the recruits that well, but give it your best shot.

WHO WILL START THE FIRST GAME?

Go position by position and we'll check when game day rolls around and see who had their finger on the pulse back in early March!

No HEDGING! Make the Call!!!!!!! :idea:

Well, here is mine. Kind of standard, but you said starting and not substituting.

Offense
QB Ainge
FB Anderson
RB Riggs
WR Meachem
WR Swain
RT Toeania
RG Douglas
C Ligon
LG Smith
LT Sears
TE Reed

Defense
DE Haralson
DT Mahelona
DT Harrell
DE Hall (if shoulder is better)
WLB J. Mitchell
MLB Simon
SLB Gaither
CB Allen
CB Fellows
FS Stewart
SS Campbell (will have a breakout year)

I completely agree with Orangewhiteblood.

I am hoping the same thing as you with Corey Campbell. By the way, there is a poster on Volquest that is very close with the team and is with them during their workouts, I think he may be a trainer, but I do know that he is legit. He has aid that Corey Campbell has been working his butt off and that this is by far the hardest he has worke and the most dedicated he has been since being here at Tennessee. So hopefully thats a good sign of things to come for him.

I should also let you guys know that Demetrice Morely is in Knoxville. He was at a intramural basketball game yesterday with Fellows,Anderson, Raymond Henderson and some others.

offense
qb ainge
tb riggs
fb anderson
wr meachum
wr swain
rt toeiana
rg douglas
c mcneil
lg smith
lt sears
te reed

defense
de harylson
dt mahelona
dt mcbride
de hall
wlb simon
mlb j mitchell
slb gaither
cb allen
ss stewart
fs morley
cb fellows

To be fair people should be allowed probably 3 different lineups. It all depends on what formation they come out in. They could come out with 2 WRs, 3 WRs, or 4 WRs.

Originally posted by orangewizard98@Mar 9, 2005 1:45 AM
I completely agree with Orangewhiteblood.

I am hoping the same thing as you with Corey Campbell. By the way, there is a poster on Volquest that is very close with the team and is with them during their workouts, I think he may be a trainer, but I do know that he is legit. He has aid that Corey Campbell has been working his butt off and that this is by far the hardest he has worke and the most dedicated he has been since being here at Tennessee. So hopefully thats a good sign of things to come for him.

I should also let you guys know that Demetrice Morely is in Knoxville. He was at a intramural basketball game yesterday with Fellows,Anderson, Raymond Henderson and some others.

Our players need to stay away from basketball games and fraternaties.

Originally posted by orangewizard98@Mar 9, 2005 1:45 AM
He has aid that Corey Campbell has been working his butt off and that this is by far the hardest he has worke and the most dedicated he has been since being here at Tennessee.

Thanks for the information. I haven't heard that, but I believe that Campbell has a lot more potential than people give him credit for. For whatever reason, he had a tough year this past season. I think some of his concern was tackling. I am happy to hear that he has been working hard to elevate his game.

Come on, more opening lineups needed. Use a little ingenuity and imagination. Insert some people in there that might not have been mentioned.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be one or two freshmen that have a chance, I said a chance, to crack the lineup. :twocents:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 9, 2005 12:29 AM
Well, here is mine. Kind of standard, but you said starting and not substituting.

Offense
QB Ainge
FB Anderson
RB Riggs
WR Meachem
WR Swain
RT Toeania
RG Douglas
C Ligon
LG Smith
LT Sears
TE Reed

Defense
DE Haralson
DT Mahelona
DT Harrell
DE Hall (if shoulder is better)
WLB J. Mitchell
MLB Simon
SLB Gaither
CB Allen
CB Fellows
FS Stewart
SS Campbell (will have a breakout year)

I agree with all of your's except I would have Hannon or Smith on one side....Leave Meachem in there and take out Swain and bring him in when we need a clutch play

well some of the places u have underclassmen starting over seniors will not ride.... fulmer has a long history of starting seniors....eric parker is one that comes to mind.....also cedric houston, among others...look for hannon to start.

VN Store

Back