"Young Alumni" VIP Orange and White game tickets

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Has anyone ever done this? My wife bought us these tickets and apparently it's skybox seats, free lunch and snacks during the game, a tour of the locker room, and a "sports talk panel discussion".

I have no idea what the panel discussion thing is but I'm pumped about it. Does anyone have any experience with this that can set some expectations for me?

Reactions: 1 person
Has anyone ever done this? My wife bought us these tickets and apparently it's skybox seats, free lunch and snacks during the game, a tour of the locker room, and a "sports talk panel discussion".

I have no idea what the panel discussion thing is but I'm pumped about it. Does anyone have any experience with this that can set some expectations for me?

I've never done it but I signed up for it this year. Hope it's worth it!

When I was there ('10?), it was Kesling and Haywood Harris... Really entertaining and intimate setting. Good stories, etc...

I had a great time the kiffin year.. I'm doing it again this year.. Got to eat with John Ward in the box

id like to snag a couple of these for me and my buddy if a couple of you alumnis are down. never got to meet any VN brothers or see the locker room. Been trying to get a chance to walk on the field for four years.

Reactions: 1 person
edit: i met 1 VN brother at the G St. game last year. he was getting plowed on Jack. lol i forgot about him. cool guy.

id like to snag a couple of these for me and my buddy if a couple of you alumnis are down. never got to meet any VN brothers or see the locker room. Been trying to get a chance to walk on the field for four years.

If you are able to go you certainly wont walk on the field. They are insanely (rightfully so) protective of the field. I understand you may not have meant it literally.

They do let you get right up to it and see the locker room and interview/media room. I have done it twice. Neyland is the best part but we also went to TBA and went in the skyboxes. Also went inside the football practice complex (not the new one), softball, baseball and soccer fields as well as the swimming complex.

And I had never been in the skyboxes so that was great. A different experience; almost feels like you arent really there. But it was a lot of fun.

If you are able to go you certainly wont walk on the field. They are insanely (rightfully so) protective of the field. I understand you may not have meant it literally.

They do let you get right up to it and see the locker room and interview/media room. I have done it twice. Neyland is the best part but we also went to TBA and went in the skyboxes. Also went inside the football practice complex (not the new one), softball, baseball and soccer fields as well as the swimming complex.

And I had never been in the skyboxes so that was great. A different experience; almost feels like you arent really there. But it was a lot of fun.

I will watch the orange and white game from skybox, but you couldn't pay me to watch a game from there. Basketball too.

Btw, I used to have a class in neyland and the field was open most days. I'd walk across it on my way to class.

THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT! If more tickets become available, we will update this page and re-open registration.
(Updated - Monday, March 25, 2013)

I was there last year and will be doing it again this year. We just booked our hotel last night! Here was what we did last year.

We started out at the alumni house where they fed us and we got a free tshirt (pretty cool looking one at that). We ended up going through and seeing the basketball practice facility (got to go on the courts there) and went in the recruiting rooms for the basketball facility and watched the recruiting video they show all recruits. Pretty much a highlight compilation with Swiperboy soundtrack. Also walked through the weight room. Saw the hall of fame and the trophys, and then moved to the football stadium.

We didn't get to go on the field, much to my disappointment. But we did get to stand at field level off to the side and get pics. Pretty cool being down there. We hung out in their locker room, saw all the players equipment and got pics with it, got a pic in front of the maxims, and even got to slap the "I will give my all for tennessee" sign. That made my day. Then we went to the media room and got to sit at the table with the UT backdrop. Same seats so many coaches at UT have explained why they lost the game and how they're "Gonna have to go back and watch some film to see what went wrong". Very cool experience though.

From there we went to the UC and saw a presentation for the future beautification of UT and they fed us (catered in from somewhere, cant remember).

The game was awesome. We ended up being in Fulmer's box seats, located on the end. I wish we had been more centrally located on the field. I like the atmosphere on the field better than the box, but it was definitely neat to experience. And the free food and drink was great. They had burgers, hotdogs, bbq, popcorn, pretzels, etc. Pretty much stadium food with a larger selection, all for free. After the game ended we were free to do what we wanted, so we went and waited for the players to leave for autographs.

For $25, you cant beat it. I'll be there again this year, so if you get a chance to do it, definitely do. The worst parts are that you dont get to meet any players or coaches, and you're busy during autograph signings before the game. I wish they would have given us a chance with a few of them. But oh well! Cant wait for the game!

I've never heard of that. I guess UT just wants the young alumni, not us oldies!

Proceeds go to the young alumni scholarship, hence the name.

I'm sure you old fogies are welcome as well, just make sure you understand it's a lot of stairs and we won't be home in time for Golden Girls....

Jk:)

My wife and I did this a few years back. Its alot of fun, worth the money. We met John Ward in the skybox and got pictures with him. That was worth the money alone, and VERY good food. You will love it. Great experience.

If they do things the same way this year, you can go on the field at Neyland. Last year they had the autograph session on the field before the O&W game.

VN Store

Back