Your favorite seat in neyland

Hbg

Looking at buying season tickets(if possible) and wanted everyone’s opinion on their favorite section and why. Lots of things to consider: shade, wind, sun, band, students, etc

Looking at buying season tickets(if possible) and wanted everyone’s opinion on their favorite section and why. Lots of things to consider: shade, wind, sun, band, students, etc
Sounds like money is not a consideration for you…
If cost is no issue…

I’m available for adoption and will drive you to and from every game.
Real answer: a skybox.

So you are already on the 15k waiting list? Unless you are getting a box or one of the ridiculously expensive cushy seats down front, you will probably take what you can get.

The seats under the south end zone are covered. Everyone else that I can think of is open. Section Q is nice. I don’t have a particular favorite seat though as long as you’re in the lower bowl. Each gives a different angle and experience.

Best seat I ever had was back in the late 80's in a game against Vandy.

I say that because it was the last game I ever went to with my Grandpa.

We were up in the second deck, and a fight broke out on the field at some point between Dale Carter and some Vandy players, and my old Granpa stood up yelling and waving his fist in the air in contempt of the Vandy guys. I still remember how much he loved the Vols, and that always carried over to me. Seems like we beat them 45-0 that day. I miss my Grandpa terribly.

The seats under the south end zone are covered. Everyone else that I can think of is open. Section Q is nice. I don’t have a particular favorite seat though as long as you’re in the lower bowl. Each gives a different angle and experience.
My seat is section B row 55, they are covered. Lower bowl above 40ish are covered

Reactions: NEO and kiddiedoc
If cost is no issue…

I took the official tour of Neyland stadium once. We visited one of the skyboxes. I seem to remember the guide throwing out the number $100K for an annual "contribution" for access to the boxes. Anyone know for sure?

My seat is section B row 55, they are covered. Lower bowl above 40ish are covered
We are only a couple rows away from each other.

Similar seats on the West side would be my preference: under the overhang but on the shaded side with the awesome renovated concourse, restrooms, etc.

That's sections S, T, U, V for the OP's answer. I'm quite certain there is a long waiting list for all of those.

If cost is no issue…

I actually don't care for sitting in the boxes at all. There's something visceral about being out in the stands. It's a lot of traffic, time, etc to basically have the same experience as watching on TV.

BeesI actually don't care for sitting in the boxes at all. There's something visceral about being out in the stands. It's a lot of traffic, time, etc to basically have the same experience as watching on TV.down
I’ve been in the boxes on many occasions. Great seats and food galore BUT if the weather is right and I feel ok physically I enjoy being in the mix with all my buddies down stairs…..like at the Bama game in 2022. I just don’t think I could’ve enjoyed it as much being upstairs as I did down with the boys!

Reactions: UT Hill Man
Best seat I ever had was back in the late 80's in a game against Vandy.

I say that because it was the last game I ever went to with my Grandpa.

We were up in the second deck, and a fight broke out on the field at some point between Dale Carter and some Vandy players, and my old Granpa stood up yelling and waving his fist in the air in contempt of the Vandy guys. I still remember how much he loved the Vols, and that always carried over to me. Seems like we beat them 45-0 that day. I miss my Grandpa terribly.
That was 1991. I was there too. Gerry DiNardo was their coach. He called us that team from the East and wouldn’t speak into an orange microphone.

Reactions: UT Hill Man

VN Store

Back