Youtube Video footage of your favorite Tennessee football games

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
We have recently had some excellent offseason threads pertaining to contributors' first, favorite, or best Tennessee football games that they have ever attended. Words, however, can only paint so vivid a picture. This thread is dedicated to provision of youtube links to video clips or rebroadcasts of your favorite Tennessee football moments and games. Over time, if response is sufficient, this thread could serve as the unofficial Volnation video archive of Tennessee football. If that were the case, perhaps moderators could permanently sticky the thread.

I will be scouring recent and past threads for inspiration but I will emphasize older footage for the edification of our younger fans. Without further ado, I open the floor for your submissions and mine. Commentary is, of course, welcome, but the ultimate goal is video footage of the glory years of Tennessee football.

Reactions: 2 people
Perhaps my favorite memory of the Tennessee-Florida series was the 1990 game, simply because of just how badly we destroyed them. Spurrier’s first Florida team, which was undefeated (5-0) and ranked 10th nationally, trailed only 7-3 at halftime. Dale Carter’s 91-yd. touchdown return on the 2nd half-kickoff opened the floodgates and the Big Orange used six 2nd.-half turnovers to bury the Reptilian Horde by the final margin of 45-3. You will never find a prettier option pass than Von Reeves' long touchdown pass in this game.

1990 Tennessee 45 Florida 3 - 1st Half - YouTube

1990 Tennessee 45 Florida 3 (2nd Half) - YouTube

The 70+ yard run against Bama in the '93 game at the :28 second mark sealed the deal for CG as my all-time favorite Vol. We only had him for 2 years...4 years and he would have been up there with Johnny Majors, Johnny Jones, James Stewart, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry etc. in legendary Vol RB status. My apology if the link doesn't work.

Legends: Charlie Garner - YouTube

Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps the most revered bowl victory in Tennessee history, the 1986 Sugar Bowl was the ultimate slaughter of Goliath by a supremely inspired David. Tennessee transformed 2nd-ranked Miami into a glowing thermonuclear wasteland to the tune of 35-7 and Tennessee's defense devoured Vinnie Testaverde like a pack of ravenous wolves. For the rebroadcast and a lengthy pre-game diatribe by Frank Broyles and Keith Jackson, which suggested that Tennessee should feel honored to simply be on the same field as Miami, see 1986 Sugar Bowl -- Tennessee 35 Miami 7 - YouTube.

A strangely prophetic song, entitled "Battle of New Orleans Tennessee Style," received extensive air time in the week prior to the game. See Battle of New Orleans 1986 Sugar Bowl - YouTube.

Reactions: 4 people
We have recently had some excellent offseason threads pertaining to contributors' first, favorite, or best Tennessee football games that they have ever attended. Words, however, can only paint so vivid a picture. This thread is dedicated to provision of youtube links to video clips or rebroadcasts of your favorite Tennessee football moments and games. Over time, if response is sufficient, this thread could serve as the unofficial Volnation video archive of Tennessee football. If that were the case, perhaps moderators could permanently sticky the thread.

I will be scouring recent and past threads for inspiration but I will emphasize older footage for the edification of our younger fans. Without further ado, I open the floor for your submissions and mine. Commentary is, of course, welcome, but the ultimate goal is video footage of the glory years of Tennessee football.
No big deal but we've already got an entire forum dedicated to this.

One of my favorites was 2006 UT at Georgia down 21-14 at halftime, Ainge, Meacham, A Foster, Brett Smith, and Jason Swain and a underrated defense go off on Georgia and blister them in the second half 51-33.

For those of us who still harbor a Cafegoesque contempt for Vanderbilt, the 1994 game will always be the prototype for how all clashes between the Big Orange and the Commodes should end: a 65-0 win, largest margin of victory in the series and a fitting end to Gerry DiNardo's condescending career at Vandy. See John Ward - 1994 - Tennessee 65 Vanderbilt 0 - YouTube.

Incidentally, we had defeated Kentucky the week before, 52-0, for a combined margin of victory of 117-0. It would take some serious research to determine whether we have ever beaten back-to-back opponents by a larger margin of victory during the modern era. For footage of that Kentucky game, should anyone care, see 1994 Peyton Manning & Tennessee 52 Kentucky 0 - YouTube.

Last edited:
The 70+ yard run against Bama in the '93 game at the :28 second mark sealed the deal for CG as my all-time favorite Vol. We only had him for 2 years...4 years and he would have been up there with Johnny Majors, Johnny Jones, James Stewart, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry etc. in legendary Vol RB status. My apology if the link doesn't work.

Legends: Charlie Garner - YouTube

Charlie Garner was lightning

300th post :rock:

Last edited:
Over time, if response is sufficient, this thread could serve as the unofficial Volnation video archive of Tennessee football. If that were the case, perhaps moderators could permanently sticky the thread.
That's the purpose of the "Tennessee Vols Video" forum.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

2009 vs Georgia.

Beating Georgia, and beating them bad, is always a good thing for recruiting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJuUAlpHJi8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgX40seO4Bo[/youtube]

Last edited:
I would highly advise checking out "yankeefanintenn" channel. He has about every imaginable game you would want to see. He has some with network calls and some with John Ward calls.

VN Store

Back