WNBA discussion thread?

No one seems to much care anymore, but Las Vegas has no problem repeating as champs without Parker...
Without her they likely wouldn’t have had home court advantage in the playoffs, without which they very possibly wouldn’t have won. She becomes the only player in WNBA history to win a championship with 3 different teams.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
OMG Darth, you are anti Lady Vol! 😩😩😩🥹

If so, it seems to be going around. There has been 0 WNBA buzz here for about a month despite Parker's team in the playoffs competing for a title, presumably because Parker wasn't actually playing. Hell, I wouldn't have known they won if I didn't see it on the ticker, and I figured when I logged in here someone would have mentioned it but, crickets...

Without her they likely wouldn’t have had home court advantage in the playoffs, without which they very possibly wouldn’t have won. She becomes the only player in WNBA history to win a championship with 3 different teams.

Candace went down pretty early in the season and the Aces still rolled to 34 wins. However a healthy Candace might have made a difference in those regular seasons losses to the liberty.

To the post you were responding to, the Aces also won the final game without Chelsea Grey and Kia Stokes so that team has some surprising depth, including Candace they were down 3 of their main stars.

On the flipside, if Breanna Stewart's offensive abilities not completely evaporated, this series might have gone in another direction. A half decent scoring game from B. Stewart and there would have been a game 5 for sure.

Last edited:
Candace went down pretty early in the season and the Aces still rolled to 34 wins. However a healthy Candace might have made a difference in those regular seasons losses to the liberty.

To the post you were responding to, the Aces also won the final game without Chelsea Grey and Kia Stokes so that team has some surprising depth, including Candace they were down 3 of their main stars.

On the flipside, if Breanna Stewart's offensive abilities not completely evaporated, this series might have gone in another direction. A half decent scoring game from B. Stewart and there would have been a game 5 for sure.
I think Wilson had a lot to do with Stewart's poor game offensively.

If so, it seems to be going around. There has been 0 WNBA buzz here for about a month despite Parker's team in the playoffs competing for a title, presumably because Parker wasn't actually playing. Hell, I wouldn't have known they won if I didn't see it on the ticker, and I figured when I logged in here someone would have mentioned it but, crickets...
The Aces are an easy team to dislike though, as is NY. Super teams are boring, imo. I wish Candace would go back to LA.

The Aces are an easy team to dislike though, as is NY. Super teams are boring, imo. I wish Candace would go back to LA.
Parker should retire and do NBA on TNT and NBA TV...plus the NCAA Men's Tournament like she does now....I'm not saying it's true but I would think she makes more money on TNT during NBA season than she makes playing in WNBA..

Reactions: madtownvol
Parker should retire and do NBA on TNT and NBA TV...plus the NCAA Men's Tournament like she does now....I'm not saying it's true but I would think she makes more money on TNT during NBA season than she makes playing in WNBA..
That's a huge possibility now that the season's over. I'm sure this isn't how she planned to retire, but I just don't like the idea of her staying with that team for another season.

I would say you're in the minority in that opinion. The Lakers vs the Celtics in the 80's. Jordan's Bulls in the 90's. Shaq and Kobe in the 00's. Lebron's Heat teams, Curry's Warriors. Whether you jump on their bandwagon, or love to see them fail, super teams make the league more interesting.

Looking at the WNBA, the first years with the Comets, then Leslie's Sparks, then the Lynx for the better part of a decade were the big stories. Now the league has two super teams, and the games between Las Vegas vs New York drew by far the most fan interest this season. Having another super team rivalry is good for bringing more interest to the game IMO...

I would say you're in the minority in that opinion. The Lakers vs the Celtics in the 80's. Jordan's Bulls in the 90's. Shaq and Kobe in the 00's. Lebron's Heat teams, Curry's Warriors. Whether you jump on their bandwagon, or love to see them fail, super teams make the league more interesting.

Looking at the WNBA, the first years with the Comets, then Leslie's Sparks, then the Lynx for the better part of a decade were the big stories. Now the league has two super teams, and the games between Las Vegas vs New York drew by far the most fan interest this season. Having another super team rivalry is good for bringing more interest to the game IMO...
Jordan’s Bulls were not a super team.

That will probably be how it goes. However, I would love to see CP3 come back for one more healthy season with the Aces and finish on a high note.

She did not look great in her few games this season but she was playing injured. So I would bet she still has a season's worth of gas left in her tank,.

Last edited:

I get the appeal and significance from a viewership standpoint, but I found myself hoping one or both of these teams would get knocked out in the semis just so I wouldn't have to hear more Stewie / A'ja debate and fanaticism. Indeed super teams are fun to hate on, though!

The next two draft classes, plus the expansion teams, should toss a wrench in this super team machine. Definitely looking forward to that!

That will probably will be how it goes. However, I would love to see CP3 come back for one more healthy season with the Aces and finish on a high note.

She did not look great in her few games but she was playing injured so I bet she still has a season's worth of gas left in her tank,.
Yea I’d like to see one more season with the aces then 2025 the new team comes from golden state but I want her to retire a spark😭

Yea I’d like to see one more season with the aces then 2025 the new team comes from golden state but I want her to retire a spark😭
I have zero team affinities…maybe Seattle.
The Comets shutting down ruined my WNBA affinities.

Absolutely can’t understand the league allowing that to happen. It set them back ten years.

Then by your definition neither is Las Vegas., especially considering Parker ended up completely irrelevant...
My definition is Jordan was the man, and had a team he built up to be great, no other MVPs on his team at any point. As for the Aces, they had multiple MVPs and WNBA finals MVPs and also multiple rookie of the year, that’s a super team. As a bonus, 3 number one overall picks.

My definition is Jordan was the man, and had a team he built up to be great, no other MVPs on his team at any point. As for the Aces, they had multiple MVPs and WNBA finals MVPs and also multiple rookie of the year, that’s a super team. As a bonus, 3 number one overall picks.

Jordan didn't build up anything. He was known for years for playoff failures until management finally surrounded him with the right combination of draft picks and free agent signings.

San Antonio/Las Vegas sucked for years and capitalized on their draft picks. Trust the process...

Jordan didn't build up anything. He was known for years for playoff failures until management finally surrounded him with the right combination of draft picks and free agent signings.

San Antonio/Las Vegas sucked for years and capitalized on their draft picks. Trust the process...
The bulls sucked for years before Jordan got there, and he took them to the playoffs in his rookie season, what draft picks did he have that was ever an MVP, rookie of the year, or finals MVP. San Antonio got lucky when Savid Robinson got hurt, so they was able to get the number one puck and get Tim Duncan. As for the Aces, Chelsea Gray wasn’t drafted by the Aces and was a finals MVP. Name a player on the bulls that ever did that. Jordan has the highest career average in the regular season, playoffs and the finals.

Attachments

• F10F26A8-8B17-4614-9AAC-7534372349BD.jpeg
    F10F26A8-8B17-4614-9AAC-7534372349BD.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 9D0F1EEB-0AEB-4FF4-9420-50C280DD1E1D.jpeg
    9D0F1EEB-0AEB-4FF4-9420-50C280DD1E1D.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 5
  • 48CB0B36-2D8C-4FE0-86C3-65F7302DC1F1.jpeg
    48CB0B36-2D8C-4FE0-86C3-65F7302DC1F1.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 417AEC8F-1390-457D-8D35-E94030F21FB7.jpeg
    417AEC8F-1390-457D-8D35-E94030F21FB7.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 5
The bulls sucked for years before Jordan got there, and he took them to the playoffs in his rookie season, what draft picks did he have that was ever an MVP, rookie of the year, or finals MVP. San Antonio got lucky when Savid Robinson got hurt, so they was able to get the number one puck and get Tim Duncan. As for the Aces, Chelsea Gray wasn’t drafted by the Aces and was a finals MVP. Name a player on the bulls that ever did that. Jordan has the highest career average in the regular season, playoffs and the finals.

Last edited:
Eeeh Jordan wouldn't have won anything without Pippen, Grant and all the role players...Also Phil Jackson and his triangle offense spurred the dynasty........
U can say that about any team, if it’s a team sport other players need to contribute something. I’m saying he didn’t have a super team, because he didn’t have a rookie of the year, MVP or Finals MVP on his team like other teams had. Jordan racked up all the accolades by himself, nobody ever carried him.

Attachments

• F04CD2CD-7EB2-4762-B888-B4200474D2A1.jpeg
    F04CD2CD-7EB2-4762-B888-B4200474D2A1.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 5
  • FFB75E8D-0351-4407-8299-7E17039E2DFC.jpeg
    FFB75E8D-0351-4407-8299-7E17039E2DFC.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: brittannica
U can say that about any team, if it’s a team sport other players need to contribute something. I’m saying he didn’t have a super team, because he didn’t have a rookie of the year, MVP or Finals MVP on his team like other teams had. Jordan racked up all the accolades by himself, nobody ever carried him.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back