“But I got to stop wishin', got to go fishin' Down to rock bottom again Just a few friends, just a few friends” (pictures)

Alas they were separated at some point when I was getting the hook out. Released the shark and a few minutes later I noticed the poor guy didn't make the bus ride home, just chilling on the beach.
I remember the first time I caught one of those, from the pier in Panama city. Thought I was in an alien sequel for a minute 😅

I was only down there at crescent Beach Friday and Saturday. Fishing wasn't necessarily slow but the things we were catching weren't what we were looking for. Of all the whiting maybe only one was keeper size. Got a few small bluefish as well. We did keep one big gaftopsail catfish and ate him, pretty good. Also caught a couple small black drum but both weren't legal size. Aside from that it was mostly small-medium size sharks and other little bait stealer fish like spots or small cats. Of course once the dolphins showed up Friday the bite completely turned off.

one my favorites for eatin...did you catch it on sand flea, skrimp, or somethin else?
we used to catch whiting and pomps at Daytona on plain white stinger grubs or white crappie flies with pork rind fly strip....right past the breakers

Shrimp and sand flea fish bite combo I'm pretty sure. Must be a rare local because with the water Temps here most of them should be more north now

Reactions: Tin Man and GordonC
Yep. It was a surprise lol. Mostly just caught small whiting. A couple keepers
Do you know what ghost shrimp are? Lady I work with showed me a video of them catching some with this vacuum thingy. She showed me pictures of the fish they caught, and said they almost caught one on every one of those shrimp. They were at Cape San Blas

Reactions: Tin Man and GordonC
Do you know what ghost shrimp are? Lady I work with showed me a video of them catching some with this vacuum thingy. She showed me pictures of the fish they caught, and said they almost caught one on every one of those shrimp. They were at Cape San Blas

Yes. They're good bait if you know how to find them and have the device. I don't have a ton of experience with them but I've been out with folks who found them for us. Can't remember if we did well or not that day lol

VN Store

Back