⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

State of Recruiting - 2025 - SEC Conference. Here is the detailed information by each team, conference strength, all the players verbally committed, and overall opportunity.

IMG_7813.jpegIMG_7814.jpeg

2024 Women’s DI Recruiting Ranks: April​

IMG_7822.png

The latest women’s Division I recruiting class rankings are out for April.

Transfers have slowed down a bit, with another round possible at the end of spring and into the summer. International additions should pick up, while the other notable factor this year is several top recruits reclassifying from 2025 to 2024.

Here’s a look at the Top 35 classes for 2024.

10. Tennessee* (10)

Commitments: M Bella Smith (KC Athletics – No. 29), M Skylar Miller (Richmond United – No. 78), F Reese Mattern (Richmond United – No. 93), D Jasmine Boggs (Virginia Development Academy – No. 133), D Nyla Blue (FC Alliance), F Kameran Bluette (St. Louis Scott Gallagher), F/D Devin Davis(FC Dallas), D Sydney Miller (Richmond United), GK Cayden Norris (FC Alliance), F Alivia Stott (FC Alliance (TN))

Transfers: M Luciana Latino (Penn State), D Zoe Cuneio (Purdue), F Kylie Finney (Baylor), D Muriel Kroflin (Oklahoma), F Samantha Woods (Michigan), M Sarah Bridenstine (Michigan), GK Addie Yelton (Mississippi), M Ella Giannola (Ohio State)

Does Ali Howard play club soccer? I can't find anything suggesting that she does--and she is not mentioned on Top Drawer's website. She's a good/very good high-school player, by all accounts, and she gets a lot of buzz from being Tim Howard's kid, but it would be surprising if she didn't play club soccer. It's hard to get a sense of how good a player really is simply from high-school soccer.

Does Ali Howard play club soccer? I can't find anything suggesting that she does--and she is not mentioned on Top Drawer's website. She's a good/very good high-school player, by all accounts, and she gets a lot of buzz from being Tim Howard's kid, but it would be surprising if she didn't play club soccer. It's hard to get a sense of how good a player really is simply from high-school soccer.

Reactions: VolPack22

Good find, Mad, and good to know she's playing club soccer. I truly hope Howard has the talent to be a good major-college player, because
if she does, she'll obviously help the team. That said, I also worry that if she's NOT notably talented at the major-college level, Kirt will play her anyway, precisely because she's Tim Howard's kid.

A cynical comment? No: Kirt is that kind of coach, because he's made a bunch of similarly unwise personnel decisions in his first two years. He's got a track record of loyally--and stubbornly--playing individuals who are either transparently not very good or who are not producing on the field. It's been very noticeable--and one reason why the team's performance and record fell off significantly in his first two years at the helm.

One could watch 15 minutes of transfer Lawton playing last year--coming in as a sub--and tell immediately that she was far more effective at forward than Simmonds--yet Kirt was loyal to Simmonds. Indeed, Lawton was one of our two best players last year--and yet she didn't start until the season was halfway over, and only then because of injuries to starting forwards. You could watch 15 minutes of transfer Agresti and easily see she was better at defensive mid than Washington--yet Kirt seemed determined to start/play the individual who'd been on the team for years, despite never showing much talent at all and not playing much for that reason. What's more, he was absurdly loyal to Nelson to two years--started every game--despite showing little in games against decent opponents. One assist last year in 10 SEC games. Transfer Diaz, at the same position, played little. You can't make those kinds of decisions and expect to have a successful team.

I'm sorry to belabor this point--but I do so to explain why a commitment from Howard worries me as much as it please me. You can put it in the bank: Whatever her talent level, she'll play. This will be a /very/ fascinating and telling season for Kirt and his staff as given the size of the roster, and given the number of expererienced transfers mixed with players in the system for a couple of years, they will have to make a LOT of personnel decisions--and get the right.

Reactions: MAD
LVFL Tara Katz, USL W Greenville Liberty
IMG_7895.jpeg

Tara Katz​

Originally from Alabama, Tara Katz spent her collegiate career at a different SEC powerhouse. Katz spent four seasons at the University of Tennessee before an injury sidelined her prior to her fifth year. The wingback played a hefty 5,159 minutes between her freshman and senior seasons. She stepped on the pitch 73 times for the Lady Vols, scored one goal, and made four assists. During her time in Knoxville she was named 2021 CoSIDA Academic All-District, played 379 minutes of UT’s program-best shutout streak of 633:53, and was a member of the 2023 SEC Championship team. Katz will continue her collegiate career using her final year of eligibility at Furman University in the fall while pursuing her master’s.

Katz has also been rostered for South Central Division opponent, Birmingham Legion, and Tennessee Force in the WPSL. Prior to college, she was

• 2019 Gatorade Player of the Year in Alabama
  • Ranked No. 10 player overall in the South Region by TopDrawerSoccer
  • 4x A-AAA State Champion
  • 3x State Tournament MVP in 2016, 18 and 19
  • Scored 225 career goals in high school
  • 2x All-Metro Player of the Year in 2017 and 2018

30 schedules for 2024 NCAA WoSo in the database. Here's what's currently in the books for opening weekend.
IMG_7900.jpegIMG_7902.jpeg

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back