2024 Recruiting Thread

UK! She’s not looking so great rn
It's am AA game. If not for the jerseys, they wouldn't even recognize their own teammates.

UK is starting to become interesting. If Brooks brings over his VT stars, keeps the best of the UK bunch, and attracts a solid recruit or two, he could have a ready made top 20 team by the team SEC play begins.

Reactions: travis929
It's am AA game. If not for the jerseys, they wouldn't even recognize their own teammates.

UK is starting to become interesting. If Brooks brings over his VT stars, keeps the best of the UK bunch, and attracts a solid recruit or two, he could have a ready made top 20 team by the team SEC play begins.
Berry didn’t do good in state either so I’m not shocked at her performance

Kentucky. Those KY players aren’t going to want to ride the bench for 3 of a coaches former players. This coach plays only 6 or 7 in the main rotation. UK was a fairly young team. Keeping them, bringing in a group of former players, and adding in high school recruits is not an easy situation to manage.

Kentucky. Those KY players aren’t going to want to ride the bench for 3 of a coaches former players. This coach plays only 6 or 7 in the main rotation. UK was a fairly young team. Keeping them, bringing in a group of former players, and adding in high school recruits is not an easy situation to manage.
Well so far it’s only 2 coming with him. No idea of HS recruits who signed to VT

The only UK players that matter are Petty, Russell, Scherr and Miles. Assuming that he is bringing Amoore and Strack with him, that would give a core of:
PG- Amoore
SG- Scherr
SF-Russell
PF-Petty
C-Strack

Miles off the bench, maybe Saniah Tyler and Amiya Jenkins too. That's a solid 8 player roster not even counting any additional depth he can get from the portal. If he keeps the 6 UK players and brings in 2 VT players, that's not a terribly difficult adjustment. I'd think that the UK players would be happy to be able to play their natural positions too.

Yeah that’s a solid 5
The only UK players that matter are Petty, Russell, Scherr and Miles. Assuming that he is bringing Amoore and Strack with him, that would give a core of:
PG- Amoore
SG- Scherr
SF-Russell
PF-Petty
C-Strack

Miles off the bench, maybe Saniah Tyler and Amiya Jenkins too. That's a solid 8 player roster not even counting any additional depth he can get from the portal. If he keeps the 6 UK players and brings in 2 VT players, that's not a terribly difficult adjustment. I'd think that the UK players would be happy to be able to play their natural positions too.

Reactions: Amb3096
PG- Amoore
SG- Scherr
SF-Russell
PF-Petty
C-Strack

I hope it happens. Another Missouri and Vandy. Hype it up!

Don't you at least want to wait and see who Tennessee hires and which players stay before declaring them SEC champs and FF bound?
He claims that every season and trashes every other successful team. Remember how much better Tennessee was going to be than LSU this year? Remember when Flau’je was going to be a bust 😂😂

I think Duke is a bad choice for her but hey who knows
Great class already without her, with her they will be hell on wheels in the coming years….She might be wondering like the rest of us if GA will still be there by the time she graduates….and most think she wants to stay closer to home.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Great class already without her, with her they will be hell on wheels in the coming years….She might be wondering like the rest of us if GA will still be there by the time she graduates….and most think she wants to stay closer to home.
She has so many forwards. I’m worried about development

Strong announces tomorrow, don’t be surprised if she picks Duke who I think is 50/50 with Uconn in this sweepstakes.
Duke wouldn’t surprise me at all. It *could* also be the main reason we know Kara isn’t in contention for the LV job. Rather than any info being leaked on Danny’s end.

I’m just speculating here

Geno looks so tired too. I really think he’s about to hang it up. Maybe not this season because he has so much coming back, but he looks like he can’t go much longer. Seriously.
I would not be shocked to see both him and Tara retire in the next one to two years. Particularly Tara with the new conference realignment.

Geno looks so tired too. I really think he’s about to hang it up. Maybe not this season because he has so much coming back, but he looks like he can’t go much longer. Seriously.
I think they will be the big favorites to win the championship next season especially if Strong commits there. I think she is WCCB ready even as a freshman. She will shore up their rebounding along with the injured players they get back. SC will be good, but replacing Cardoso is going to be a huge task to remain the number one team.

He's aged way more than 20 years over the last 20 years. If Sarah Strong signs elsewhere, I say he calls it a career once Paige graduates.

Reactions: Lucy
I think they will be the big favorites to win the championship next season especially if Strong commits there. I think she is WCCB ready even as a freshman. She will shore up their rebounding along with the injured players they get back. SC will be good, but replacing Cardoso is going to be a huge task to remain the number one team.
Everyone said the same thing about us when Boston graduated. We have Tac coming in (already there actually) and Dawn has already said she is like Boston when it comes to basketball skills and knowledge. I think us and UCONN, will be the favorites along with Southern Cal and UCLA. That could very well be your final 4 next year but then again....who knows. The portal can change everything really quick.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Everyone said the same thing about us when Boston graduated. We have Tac coming in (already there actually) and Dawn has already said she is like Boston when it comes to basketball skills and knowledge. I think us and UCONN, will be the favorites along with Southern Cal and UCLA. That could very well be your final 4 next year but then again....who knows. The portal can change everything really quick.
Will Tac be ready to go at the start of the season?

SC showed they are still nasty good without Kamila, and they bring Joyce in to boot. But if Cardosa and Walker are leaving, and Tac is injured, they won't really have a true post. That should be fine in most games until the run into an Audi Crooks or Ayoka Lee type of player.

VN Store

Back