Awaka to Arizona

Strange choice 7'2 freshman, 2 7 foot sopmores another 6'10 and 6'9. Where's he gonna play?
Who cares? He’s gettin PAID!! Isn’t that what it’s all about now?
These NIL initiatives need to just leave the college athletics alone, start minor/developmental leagues, pay the players that are good enough to make it and let the universities recruit the left over scrubs, so I can root for kids with loyalty and pride in their school.
I’d have zero problems with kids getting paid to play, if we cut out he whole school/education charade and then I could enjoy it for what it really is...professional/semi professional sports.

These NIL initiatives need to just leave the college athletics alone, start minor/developmental leagues, pay the players that are good enough to make it and let the universities recruit the left over scrubs, so I can root for kids with loyalty and pride in their school.
I’d have zero problems with kids getting paid to play, if we cut out he whole school/education charade and then I could enjoy it for what it really is...professional/semi professional sports.
Preach brother...

(Jk CW)

1714510018320.gif

He doesn’t seem to have made any real progress in tamping down the fouling. If he can’t do that, he won’t reach his full potential anywhere. That said I l’m sad to see him go. IMO for this fan, the toughest thing about the NIL marketplace and the portal are having to make your peace with seeing players ship off that you associated with your team’s identity. He sure seemed like a VFL, now he’s just somebody that we used to know.
This. Most of his fouls were just stupid fouls to boot. Going over players backs 8 to 10 feet from the basket when he had no chance in hell of getting the rebound. Seems like a good kid, and teammate, played hard, but way too out of control.

Come on CW, we need to get a whole new crew, we didn’t even win the title last year! Let’s throw some money around and get some mercenaries up in here!

Ok, on a more serious note, we’re gonna be rolling with ZZ, Jahmai and just got them some complementary pieces, how can we not get behind that?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Loyalty and pride???? Surely you jest. No such animal anymore.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Awake who. I don’t remember his name. I forgot it and some other guys named Aidoo, Dilione and Jefferson. I forgot all four of their names about 3 weeks ago. Enough said.

Reactions: 84_TN_VLF
Yes, it's true this was to be a down year but these players don't just show up and start playing well in a new system. The guys that transferred out have a lot of talent but could not see the floor because they could not produce in the Barnes system. I think all of them would have eventually made it. Some take longer than others. Same goes for the guys coming in, how long for them to get it? Everyone is comparing them like they are DK. The only reason he was playing is his incredible offense which overshadowed his defense in the Barnes system that requires both.

DK's defense improved significantly once he stopped losing his man....had some very good defensive games late in the season and rebounded well.

Awaka was good most of the time he was on the court but was a situational big who was insanely foul prone. We can replace his contribution....we cannot replace Knecht's contribution with one guy.

Yes, it's true this was to be a down year but these players don't just show up and start playing well in a new system. The guys that transferred out have a lot of talent but could not see the floor because they could not produce in the Barnes system. I think all of them would have eventually made it. Some take longer than others. Same goes for the guys coming in, how long for them to get it? Everyone is comparing them like they are DK. The only reason he was playing is his incredible offense which overshadowed his defense in the Barnes system that requires both.

DK's defense improved significantly once he stopped losing his man....had some very good defensive games late in the season and rebounded well.

Awaka was good most of the time he was on the court but was a situational big who was insanely foul prone. We can replace his contribution....we cannot replace Knecht's contribution with one guy.

VN Store

Back