Battered vol syndrome is back for me

I didn't think my question would be answered. The reasoning behind this thread doesn't make any sense.

It’s called BVS for a reason. When you have BVS you cannot think rationally about Tennessee athletics. Don’t come up in here and try to logic your way through it with him.

It’s like when your wife comes to you to complain about a problem. Trying to solve it only makes it worse.

Reactions: 08Vol and kiddiedoc
It’s called BVS for a reason. When you have BVS you cannot think rationally about Tennessee athletics. Don’t come up in here and try to logic your way through it with him.

It’s like when your wife comes to you to complain about a problem. Trying to solve it only makes it worse.
This is the logic that seems to be employed here :

"I feel worse about my team winning, because another team that we have beaten twice, just won a big game."

Is there any sense to that at all?

If anything .... I think it makes me feel better about our chances tonight. It's not that I'm cheering for Alabama to win, but I do think it shows how Tennessee has beaten some very good teams this season. The same is true with Illinois winning last night. Tennessee played a tough schedule, and did pretty well with it.

I'm sorry, but this is a rather ridiculous thread.

Reactions: ohhbother
Honestly I’m ready to be hurt again. No one is respecting us. The way they're blowing smoke up Creightons behind you’d think they’re a 1 seed. Santi possibly missing and the vibe feels off which has ruined any excitement I had for tonight’s game.

For me, it never left. It's why I'm not the least bit surprised at the rumors of a flu bug working on the team and not coincidentally, involving Vescovi. Kid has had a miserable year. Gotta be heartbreaking for him. Added to that is the knowledge that Bama is in the elite 8 and likely to make the final 4. Nah, there's no doubt in my mind about tonight's game.
You are such a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: VolunteerVFL
That team looks dominant. Blowing everyone out just like last year and making it look very easy. The closest game in the tourney last year was 15 and no one has gotten that close this tournament.
I know most say the regular season doesn't translate in March, but that team lost 8 regular season games. To me that deosn't seem as dominate as a Uconn team that only lost 3 or Purdue that onlty lost 4.

Bottom line, if we play the way we are capable of playing, we will win. We just never know which team is going to show up thus the BVS appears.

Honestly I’m ready to be hurt again. No one is respecting us. The way they're blowing smoke up Creightons behind you’d think they’re a 1 seed. Santi possibly missing and the vibe feels off which has ruined any excitement I had for tonight’s game.
Honestly, my vibe is always off, but after the basevols were humiliated at home tonight, that feeling has only intensified. Hope this team shocks me.

Honestly, my vibe is always off, but after the basevols were humiliated at home tonight, that feeling has only intensified. Hope this team shocks me.
The BaseVols are what they are. The pitching is subpar this year. They will surprise some teams and get beat badly by others. Ever since the heartbreak of the ‘22 season, I haven’t been as invested. It’s not good for my health lol.

BVS exists . . . Because of patterns that exist. It’s hard to win in the Sweet 16. Vescovi is sick and not playing. It always seems like when a big opportunity is in front of the big Orange . . . Well . . . Keep your cup on.

VN Store

Back