'25 HI S Aiden Manutai

Tennessee offered Aiden Manutai in February, and he has climbed the ranks on their safety board in our opinion. The fast-rising Hawaii standout will be in town for an official visit the weekend of June 7th.
He has heavily researched Tim Banks and the Tennessee secondary, and he has been impressed with what he has learned so far.
Manutai has bonded with Banks, and the fact that Tennessee was his first SEC offer means something to him. He knows he will not see the majority of his contenders more than once, so official visits in June will be important to him, as he hopes to make a decision by the end of July.
-VQ

this is the first recruit from Hawaii that I can remember us recruiting, would be the first one from Hawaii in a long time, right?

The Class of 2025 safety from Kahuku (Hawaii) High School has heard plenty from Tennessee coach Josh Heupel's staff since then, and he said the Vols are now one of a half-dozen teams he's strongly considering as he begins to work toward his college decision. He said he's scheduled to take an official visit to Tennessee the weekend of June 7, and he's looking forward to making the trip to Knoxville next month.
Arizona hosted the 6-foot, 195-pound Manutai on his first official visit the weekend of April 19. He said Penn State, California, Nebraska and Washington will also get official visits from him beginning later this month.
"Basically, Coach Banks, he really loves my film on how versatile I am, so he says he sees me playing in the post as a safety," Manutai said. "That's where I see myself, too — or maybe a little bit of nickel, too, kind of blitzing or getting in the box a little bit."
Manutai also has at least one personal connection to Tennessee. He said he knows Vols redshirt freshman quarterback Nico Iamaleava, a former five-star prospect, after playing for Iamaleava's father, Nic, with Team TOA on the 7-on-7 circuit.

"I played with Nico's dad's team, Team TOA, for one year," Manutai said. "I guess that would be a little connection. They came down to Hawaii. Kind of met them through one of my other boys. I mean, it's just that Poly thing. Everybody knows everybody somehow."
While Manutai's upcoming visits will play an important role in helping him pick a school, he said he "for sure" plans to announce his college decision "sometime (during) the first week of July."

"We're still trying to figure out whether it's going to be on the 6th or the 7th," he said. "But, for sure, it's going to be any time (during) the first week of July."
callahan

VN Store

Back