Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

He has been quoted as saying he wants to charge players out of their NIL money for turnovers they make. That kind of bonehead statement should be enough for you.
It was said to get his players attention. I wouldnt look to much into it. Its better than Big bird on the sideline for LSU.

Reactions: Special Ed
Only one or two names on that list would even come close to home run.

This five Rueck, Ivey, Bluder, Frese, and McGuff at Tennessee is home-run hire and would instantly push Tennessee into the Top 2-3 in the SEC next season after recruiting the portal and bringing in current players from other programs. If people wanted Brooks either of those coaches is an upgrade. The only two that will be a lateral hire is Reed and Smesko but either could far exceed expectations with the resources at Tennessee.

My serious prediction:

Who is still coaching in the tournament with Tennessee ties. strong recruiting credentials, championship pedigree, and for whom this job would be a huge step-up and would keep on the key current players and recruits in place

Jolette Law. The next LV head coach.

It is actually the only move that makes sense under the current circumstances.
F*** Tennessee ties. Thats why we are where we are

F*** Tennessee ties. Thats why we are where we are
She is not an ex-LV but has a connection to the program as a former assistant and head recruiter. Also at Rutgers and now SC.

A lot easier to get someone like that than someone from say Los Angeles who has never stepped foot in the South..

Last edited:
Chris Lowe reported that Danny White will look outside the Vol Family on this one.
I don't think you can necessarily consider Wes Moore to be "part of the Vol Family," other than he got paid by the UT System when he coached at UTC and he earned a Master's degree from UT. He's never been a LV.

Reactions: crazyguy
Kara is good as a media personality, but doesn't mean she could be a great coach. She may be, but sure White has an idea of good candidates.

Reactions: madtownvol
The Tennessee athletic administration is as qualified to operate this search as any in the nation. Fans are definitely in their right to speculate. I expect a home run hire. I expect a quick and efficient search for a program that is iconic as characterized by AD Danny White. Think the Alabama Football job search for Saban’s replacement. This search will likely concluded by Sunday. Announcement made as soon as next week. AD Danny White stated himself this will be an aggressive nationwide search.

VN Store

Back