Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And keep Knoxville 'scruffy'! Not that we hold a grudge or anything, but that tag comes from an article about the 1980 World's Fair being held in a "scruffy little city on the banks of the Tennessee RIver".

And yes, Austin is an oasis of awesome in the glorious strangeness of Texas.

Last edited:
Kansas WBB coach Brandon Schneider says he's looking at making the team's nonconference schedule a little weaker than last year's because the Big 12 is now using unbalanced schedules and he has to make nonconference schedule well before Big 12 slate is se

Kansas WBB coach Brandon Schneider says he's looking at making the team's nonconference schedule a little weaker than last year's because the Big 12 is now using unbalanced schedules and he has to make nonconference schedule well before Big 12 slate is se

Can you explain what “unbalanced” means?

Like some of the teams will play each other twice or what?

Reactions: djtee
I don't know i'm with you on this one

Yeah I saw the same post and wasn’t sure what he meant by that. SEC has been doing that for years which is why we have always been playing South Carolina twice. Not exactly what everyone wants lol.

Nichols at KU is such a nice player, wish she would transfer. She’s wasting her time there, it looked like he was building something decent but they have gone back to a middling Big 12 team.

She is a player the previous UT staff recruited hard but wiffed on as per usual.

Reactions: djtee
Can you explain what “unbalanced” means?

Like some of the teams will play each other twice or what?
Basically means you could get unlucky and play the best teams in the league more than once. Seems they are wanting an easy non conference schedule which they control in case they get a very difficult draw in their conference schedule. We got some of that last season at Tennessee.

Last edited:
I have mentioned in other threads that teams like SoCal, UCLA, UConn, SC, Texas, LSU and ND should all be competitors for FF berths next season if they stay healthy. I was questioned about putting ND in that group. Let me say this about the Irish for the upcoming season, if Koval is an impact player in the post, they should be in the conversation. They will be prohibitive ACC favorites and if Miles is back 100% they could be as good as anyone.

Just a quick note on the first true total wreckage of a WBB program by the changes in collegiate sports that have been progressing these past 4-5 years, the Oregon State Beavers. Poor management of the PAC12 conference during the rapid changes led to the departure of their signature schools for the increased revenue and stability of the B1G. That was soon followed by the second exodus of PAC12 teams to the B12, leaving teams like OSU and WSU without a home amongst the previous Power5 schools.

As a college sports fan, I was dismayed by the loss of a once great and historic conference. College athletics history is littered with tradition and success stories from the previous PAC12. It’s gone now, and in the wake of its demise sits the Beavers and Cougars trying to find some footing. Watching almost the entire OSU team enter the portal after an historic elite 8 run and with everyone eligible to return was rather sad. I wonder if it‘s not a sign of further future carnage for many non blue blood teams, but it’s hard not to think otherwise. Collegiate sports has lost some of its past culture and tradition and I can only hope money/greed does not win out. I will be rooting for the Beavers going fwd., and every other college that gets left behind.

Last edited:
Totally random, but what was the name of that young lady from South Carolina a few years ago who always had the silk press on POINT. That short do’ was always crisp, bouncy and set to the Gods.

Idk why but she just crossed my mind, still gets points for best hair in the SEC for me.

Yeah I saw the same post and wasn’t sure what he meant by that. SEC has been doing that for years which is why we have always been playing South Carolina twice. Not exactly what everyone wants lol.

Nichols at KU is such a nice player, wish she would transfer. She’s wasting her time there, it looked like he was building something decent but they have gone back to a middling Big 12 team.

She is a player the previous UT staff recruited hard but wiffed on as per usual.
Didn't wiff by any means. She was coming here until the very last minute. They hired her AAU coach on staff and she followed him there. You can read between the lines on that one. She's a good player and good kid and she gets to play for the home crowd. At the end of the day, I don't fault her for that

Didn't wiff by any means. She was coming here until the very last minute. They hired her AAU coach on staff and she followed him there. You can read between the lines on that one. She's a good player and good kid and she gets to play for the home crowd. At the end of the day, I don't fault her for that

That’s a wiff. Any way you spin it. She’s wearing a KU jersey.

[ICODE][/ICODE]Totally random, but what was the name of that young lady from South Carolina a few years ago who always had the silk press on POINT. That short do’ was always crisp, bouncy and set to the Gods.

Idk why but she just crossed my mind, still gets points for best hair in the SEC for me.
Ty Harris
1714573313522.png

Reactions: brittannica
View attachment 637869
It was Tina Roy! She’s got to be a superintendent or CEO somewhere by now
There was a twitter handle before called "Tina Roy's Hair" that had some funny posts. One in particular: "Block my shot, no problem. Touch my hair, we got a problem" or something like that.

Tina will forever be the original "37 year old divorcee transplanted from the 1970s" player. I heard she was a cop now or something.

VN Store

Back