Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I hesitated to post this, but please y’all tempted to hate please just this once let’s not. I just thought some people would like to see this.

Kellie looks good. Doing work w USA basketball. Good to see,

🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡❣️

Kellie does look great, and so does Sam. It's so good to see, 'cause not a single day has gone by since she was let go that I haven't thought of her and worried about how she's doing. So many of my favorite memories involve Kellie Jolly Harper, and she will always hold a special place in my heart and so many members of my family and our friends. I hope so much that she'll eventually be invited back (and will accept!) for Lady Vol alum events. She's Lady Vol royalty, by gawd! 🧡💙

Thanks so much for posting this, glv98.

I hesitated to post this, but please y’all tempted to hate please just this once let’s not. I just thought some people would like to see this.

I have been praying for Kellie and her family, thanks for posting, this makes me very happy to see.

I have been praying for Kellie and her family, thanks for posting, this makes me very happy to see.
You're welcome, that's why I went ahead and posted it. She looks so good and genuinely happy. We all know the last couple of months have to have been hell for her, a public failing at the place you love has to be brutal. So seeing her like this is good for all. Should help everyone move on.

Ranked #6 preseason Texas by default becomes SC's biggest SEC rival. Will Dawn continue her dominance over Vic? We shall see.
The LSU game will get more attention, as it should based upon the recent history of those two programs and the contempt for one another. Mulkey has to travel to SC this year, that will be a wild environment.

Thanks so much for posting. You literally can see the weight off her shoulders. Looking forward to seeing her future successes!

Thanks so much for posting. You literally can see the weight off her shoulders. Looking forward to seeing her future successes!
To be honest, I think it is easy to see how much she (KJH) has aged in the five plus years since she first took the UT job. That stress was probably constant and immense, she did a great job during those years of not letting on that she was under tremendous pressure, but I think everyone can see it.

Last edited:
57-37 Liberty at the half.
The Fever playing zero defense.
Liberty 12 of 18 from 3.
Clark has 15 but does it really matter when you're losing by 20 at the half ?

Yeah, looks like Indy's running that No-Defense System. Last season they relied strongly on the Matador Defense and that didn't go well for them, either. 🫣

But seriously, it sucks for the Fever that they are beginning their season playing against some of the better, more experienced teams that know full well how to take advantage of opponents' defensive weaknesses. And Indiana has soooo much to work on defensively but, again, aren't really going to have enough practice time to get their D in order.

Tough sitch early, but there's still a chance the early losses will give them what they need to work on and they could have a pretty decent second half of their season.

Well there's 5 players on the floor. Not many teams play 5 out. Maybe CKC will, we shall see. It'll be hard to beat the USCjr, LSU, UConn's with that philosophy. Time will tell has she plays it. Just win, idc how many guards she plays.
Should we refer to Tennessee as UTjr? I mean Texas is the big UT is it not? This USCjr stuff is dumb. We will gladly be called South Carolina. Thanks.

Reactions: brittannica
Should we refer to Tennessee as UTjr? I mean Texas is the big UT is it not? This USCjr stuff is dumb. We will gladly be called South Carolina. Thanks.
The fact that it bothers you is exactly why it's done. You can refer to UT however you like because none of us bother to look at USCjr forums.

Well maybe they should defer to the university founded nearly 100 years earlier AND due to the FACT that they may well not have become a state without Tennesseans named Crockett and Houston and the 30,000 VOLUNTEERS that answered the call to establish their state.

Last edited:
Texas needed Tennessee in 1830 to be able to have their independence. Without the boys in Pantone 151 there is no Texas. Reminder, you’re on a Tennessee board, we can refer to you however we deem appropriate.

That’s one way to help with recruiting. Probably a smart move for LSU. I think hiring former players as assistants is a great idea.

If things workout for CKC longterm I would love to see a LVFL on her staff now and then as they climb the coaching ranks.

Just don’t want to see any former players as the head coach again.

I know, but then I thought well F em. Alot of people will like seeing it.

I predict most of the hate will be projected onto Sam. She’s a favorite target lately.

I believe Nyla Brooks will also be at these trials?
I wonder why Kellie is there? Curious if this means that she's interviewing for coaching jobs for next season.

VN Store

Back